Camp Opemikon — Voyageur Council – Scouts Canada
Reports to: Camp Director
- Two weekends of Pre-Camp Training (May 11, June 1)
- Part-time beginning May 1 to support with Camper Registrations & Inquiries and to develop staff training model (20 hours per week)
- Seven weeks of full-time Program Preparation & Delivery (June 24-Aug 10)
In collaboration with the Camp Director, the Administrator/Activities Coordinator is responsible for the delivery of all administrative duties related to camper registration, program placement and meal plan details. This includes entry of camper information into CampBrain; preparation of camper groups; preparation & delivery of weekly reports required for camper medical needs, dietary requests, swimming levels, & camper lists by program, as well as camper number stats.
The Administrator/Activities Coordinator is also the second point of contact for phone & in-person queries regarding Summer Camp at Camp Opemikon. The Administrator/Activities Coordinator oversees the Nature Centre, the Archery Program, Arts & Crafts and will work with the Inclusion Staff.
Duties and Responsibilities
- In Collaboration with the Camp Director & Senior Staff, enhance the organization of administrative responsibilities to maintain smooth operation of Camp Opemikon Summer Programs & assist in projecting needs & opportunities for future Summer Camps.
- Complete data entry; responsible for publication/distribution of weekly reports; preparation of program packages; create weekly camper groupings; communications with parents by phone & at administration office; meal plan data, mail sorting & distribution.
- Work with EOSC regarding payment of program and registration of youth in MyScouts.
- Maintain accurate statistics of camper usage & provide reports as requested.
- Ensure administrative operations meet Scouts Canada standards.
- Provide a final written report at conclusion of season.
- Assist in the set-up & take down of camp and weekly changeover.
- Supervise Inclusion Staff & ensure quality of care is being delivered to program participants and staff are kept busy in other areas of camp when not with participants.
- Support with regular office duties including but not limited to answering/returning phone calls & voicemails, tending to parents’ inquiries on-site, & assisting with in-office camper supervision.
- Responsible for the implementation of the Nature Program, Archery Program and Arts & Crafts, including all program content & all activities for these programs.
- Responsible for maintenance of the Nature Centre, supplies & resources.
- Responsible for maintenance of the Archery Pit, supplies & resources.
- Responsible for maintenance of the Arts & Crafts, supplies & resources.
- Incorporation of Camp Opemikon’s eco-systems into innovative programming for youth of various ages.
- Responsible for taking photos of participants in all programs throughout the weeks and ensuring parents have a secure link to view the photos on a weekly basis.
- Minimum of 18 years of age; 21 years of age preferred.
- Experienced in developing and supervising a balanced outdoor education program.
- Experienced in working at a youth summer camp.
- Experienced in data entry & report writing.
- Excellent customer service and proven staff management skills.
- Experienced in developing and supervising a balanced arts-based program.
- Experienced in developing and supervising a balanced archery program.
- Training in accessibility & inclusion to meet all participants’ needs at the Nature Centre, Archery Pit & Arts & Crafts Centre.
- Proven ability to provide direction to others as necessary.
- Ability to self-start and work independently.
- Current Standard First Aid & CPR (Level C).
- Embodies personal beliefs in keeping with the Mission, Principles & Practices of Scouts Canada.
- Proven leadership, teamwork, planning & administrative abilities.
- Strong communication & customer service skills.
- Completes Scouts Canada screening process including a clear Police Records Check(PRC), with Vulnerable Sector Search(VSS).
- Willingness to complete all necessary training, including additional Pre-Camp Training if deemed necessary.
- Willingness to work non-traditional hours.
For more information about Scouts Canada visit our website www.scouts.ca. For more information about Camp Opemikon Summer Programs, go to http://voy.scouts.ca/ca/camp-opemikon-summer-programs.
If you think you will make a great addition to the team, please complete our Online Application at https://opemikon.campbrainstaff.com by January 31st, 2019. Scouts Canada thanks you for taking the time to consider this position. Please understand that only individuals chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Scouts Canada encourages applications from all qualified candidates and has a great record of accommodating persons with disabilities. Contact us if you need accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information on our accommodation policies.