Camp Opemikon — Voyageur Council – Scouts Canada
Reports to: Resource Coordinator
Supervisor: Camp Director
- Two weekends of Pre-Camp Training (May 11 & June 1)
- Seven Weeks of full-time Program Preparation & Delivery (June 24-Aug 10)
Under the direction of the Resource Coordinator, the Kitchen Staff (5-6 positions) are responsible for the preparation & delivery of Summer Camp meals, including rations plus kitchen related clean-up/maintenance. The Kitchen Staff provide daily food in a safe, healthy environment to all campers & staff in the program. Kitchen Staff must have a keen interest in the well-being of the campers & in their own personal development as a staff member in the food services industry.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for meal preparation, timely delivery, and clean-up, while ensuring all dietary needs are met.
- Responsible for assisting with rations meal preparations and timely delivery of rations each week.
- Maintain an accurate count of campers/staff to provide food for, including lists of allergies/dietary needs.
- Responsible for the set-up and take down of kitchen area.
- Maintain a clean, sanitary, and well-organized kitchen and storage area.
- Ensure all dishes and tables are cleaned and sanitized before and after each meal.
- Provide weekly inventory of food stock, cooking utensils/dishes, and cooking equipment to supervisor.
- Responsible for ongoing maintenance of cooking and kitchen equipment.
- Communicate regularly with kitchen coworkers to determine routines and responsibilities.
- Other duties as required
- Minimum 16 years of age; 18 years of age preferred.
- Experienced in planning and cooking meals for large groups.
- Experienced in the food services industry.
- Proven ability to work among a team.
- Knowledge of Canada’s Food Guide.
- Current Standard First Aid & CPR (Level C) certificate.
- Possession of Food Handlers Certificate is an asset.
- Demonstrated appropriate attitude, skills & knowledge for the position.
- Must have knowledge of kitchen equipment, supplies, and the maintenance required.
- Values constructive feedback and opportunities for professional growth.
- Completes Scouts Canada screening process including a clear Police Records Check, with Vulnerable Sector Check.
- Willingness to complete all necessary training, including additional Pre-Camp Training if deemed necessary.
- Willingness to work non-traditional hours.
- In good physical health
For more information about Scouts Canada visit our website www.scouts.ca. For more information about Camp Opemikon Summer Programs, go to http://voy.scouts.ca/ca/camp-opemikon-summer-programs.
If you think you will make a great addition to the team, please complete our Online Application at https://opemikon.campbrainstaff.com by January 31st, 2019. Scouts Canada thanks you for taking the time to consider this position. Please understand that only individuals chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Scouts Canada encourages applications from all qualified candidates and has a great record of accommodating persons with disabilities. Contact us if you need accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information on our accommodation policies.