Scouts Canada, the country’s leading youth organization, offers challenging programs for boys, girls and youth age 5-26 in thousands of individual groups in most cities and towns across Canada.
Deputy National Commissioner - Development
As a member of the National Leadership Team, the Deputy National Commissioner — Development will leverage a strong understanding of business development, current market trends and data analytics in order to champion relevant and innovative fund development initiatives. As a result of a results-oriented approach, Scouts Canada will increase the investment that it is able to make program development and ultimately result in a stronger organisation for volunteers, youth and their parents.
- Work collaboratively with the Development Team to implement new fundraising initiatives.
- Work collaboratively with the Director, Development, and members of the Development team to deliver on national fund development priorities.
- Enhance existing fundraising initiatives while seeking to identify new partnership opportunities.
- Work closely with the National Leadership Team, volunteers, and staff to ensure sound operational plans that address Scouts Canada’s strategic priorities are in place and being executed effectively.
- Strong relationship builder and communicator with excellent negotiation skills
- Strong people leader with excellent team building and interpersonal skills
- Exceptionally strong problem-solving and analytical skills, with an ability to clearly define strategic issues and make tough decisions
- Strong business development and data-analytic skills that facilitates data informed decision making
- Apply high degree of tact, judgment and ability to deal with and influence persons and group
If you believe you have the skills, qualifications and knowledge necessary to do the job, please forward your resume (including work experience and any Scouting experience) with a covering letter to: Nominating Committee Chair, Trevor Nimegeers: firstname.lastname@example.org by May 01, 2017.
Interviews will take place in May 2017.
This position is being advertised internally within Scouting and externally.