Scouts Canada, the country’s leading youth organization, offers challenging programs for boys, girls and youth age 5-26 in thousands of individual groups in most cities and towns across Canada.
National Social Media Team
In conjunction with Scouts Canada’s national MARCOM team and regional communication support positions, coordinated by the National Team Lead – MARCOM Social Media, this position will help promote, engage and support Scouts Canada's social media initiatives.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The primary job duties and responsibilities include:
- Assist national MARCOM staff/third-parties implement & engage social media initiatives
- Provide social media channel support, monitoring & engagement to a variety of stakeholders (external, internal, partners, etc.) on a coordinated schedule; coverage will include weekends and evenings.
- Monitor, curate and create social media content for a variety of audiences & MARCOM purposes, pulling from stories shared across social media by volunteers, youth, media, partners, etc.
- Advise & collaborate on trending topics, areas of opportunity, and emerging channels and tools.
- Provide support and assist DCC MARCOM and other Social Media champions across the country.
- Participate in team meetings, contributing to the culture, knowledge and accountability of the Social Media team.
- Coordinate & deliver professional and technical training opportunities, both in person, and online to a variety of audiences.
- Experience in Scouts Canada, and knowledge of its strategic objectives and programs
- Experience moderating social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Snapchat) and other forms of digital communication.
- Experience creating strategic social media content; understanding use of analytic tools for evaluation; working with social media dashboards (Hootsuite, Sprout, Tweetdeck) an asset.
- Experience using various digital graphic design tools and applications (eg: Adobe Creative Suite).
- Experience fostering teamwork, culture and accountability
- Experience with customer service principles
- Ability to work with a variety of audiences reflecting different stakeholder groups
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; experience with Non-Violent Communication an asset.
- Ability to work collaboratively, in an open environment, and positively contribute to a team environment using positive, professional tact and judgement;
- Ability to organize and maintain peer networks; and
- Ability to make decisions / interact with volunteers.
- A creative problem solver who personally connects with people, takes responsibility, exercises sound judgment, strives for excellence and makes things happen.
- Primarily working in virtual teams; access to mobile technology needed. Approx 10 hours/month commitment.
To apply, please forward to: Social Media Team Lead, Lee Rego firstname.lastname@example.org by January 31st 2017 detailing your interest in the social media team, along with your resume.