Scouts Canada, the country’s leading youth organization, offers challenging programs for boys, girls and youth age 5-26 in thousands of individual groups in most cities and towns across Canada.
Onboarding and Performance Management
Within the National Volunteer Services Team we have been expanding our resources by building National teams of Volunteers to work side-by-side with our staff to ensure that we deliver the best possible program for our members and support high levels of engagement among our volunteers. We are looking for a dynamic and passionate individual on take on the role of Onboarding and Performance Management.
Key responsibilities and deliverables include:
- Develop and implement an Onboarding Program designed to familiarize our volunteers with their roles and responsibilities, the organizational structure and priorities so that they continue to be engaged and successful in their role.
- In partnership with ANYCs (Assistant National Youth Commissioners) and using the Onboarding Program, onboard the Council Key 3s providing them guidance, feedback and support
- Working closely with ANYCs, as a National Support Scouter, provide in-person support to Council Leadership teams
- Implement a succession planning approach in order to identify and cultivate senior youth talent for key roles
- Manage the Recruit-Retain-Retirement (3Rs) process for volunteers
- Support ongoing engagement by bringing awareness of available benefits (e.g. hotel discounts)
To apply, please forward your resume to email@example.com, Attn: Jane M Johnston, Deputy National Commissioner — Volunteer Services by March 22, 2017 stating your interest in the role along with your resume.