Youth Spokesperson Program
Since the launch of the Youth Spokesperson Program (YSP) in 2010, Scouts Canada youth from across the country have shared their passion for Scouting with the country through dozens of media interviews and campaigns that focused on Fall Registration, the Uniform Launch and Good Turn Week.
YSPs may be asked to participate in media interviews, share your Scouting experience in a presentation, attend or emcee an event, or participate in one of Scouts Canada’s social media forums, just to name a few things.
Youth Spokespeople gain valuable knowledge and experience that will give them the tools to help them succeed in their future career, plus it looks great on a resume. Additionally the program provides the opportunity to share their passion for Scouting and encourage other young people to join Scouts Canada. And along the way they receive support from Scouts Canada on lining up and preparing for media interviews, presentations, events, etc.
In the fall of 2012 Scouts Canada put out a nation-wide search for new youth to join the program. The response wasa tremendous and the following youth were invited into the program:
- Oliver Fowler - Edmonton, AB
- Joshua Estrella - Markham, ON
- Eric Post - Guelph, ON
- Diana McBey - Willowdale, ON
- Melissa Nemeth - Burnaby, BC
- Vikram Patil - London, ON
- Victoria-Grace Leung - Vancouver, BC
- Reagan McKinney - Edmonton, AB
- Michael Deng - Calgary, AB
- Deanna Di Vito - Mississauga, ON
- Laris Thompson - Montreal, QC
- Alaine Spiwak - Hamilton, ON
- Kate Jackson - Ottawa, ON
- Luke McCormick - Ottawa, ON
- Sarah Djuric - Ottawa, ON
- Derek Smith - Ottawa, ON
- Casey-Leigh Majetic - Ottawa, ON
- Alex Court - Palgrave, ON
- Nicholas Wadel-Turcotte - Stoney Creek, ON
Stay tuned for updates and future YSP opportunities.