Do you love the outdoors? Are you passionate about youth development? Are you aligned with our mission to help develop well-rounded youth, better prepared for success in the world? Do you have administrative support experience and think you have what it takes to become our next Camp Operations Supervisor? If you answered yes, we want to hear from you! Scouts Canada has an exciting opportunity for a Camp Operations Supervisor to join our team in our Toronto Council Office.
For more than 100 years, Scouts Canada has brought a world of adventure, outdoor experience, friendship and fun to 17 million Canada youth. We have reinvigorated our program to meet the changing demands of youth and are looking for someone who has experience working with volunteers and supporting day do day office duties.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, Property Accreditation you will support of the Principals and Practices of Scouting, you will support the business operations of Scouts Canada properties & camps.
Your to-do list with change daily, but your main responsibilities are:
- Manages and oversees all full-time, part-time and seasonal camp staff at Ontario and Quebec camps
- Manages and continually improves the quality and service experiences of guests at Scouts properties
- Manages and oversees resolution for camp property issues
- Set and manage the capital and operating budgets for the camps operating in Ontario and Quebec. This will include submission, reporting and the actual performance of the camp budgets and will involve managing the factors impacting the profit and loss in each of these areas
- Ensures that all camps comply with prevailing regulations and policies
- Audit and report on specific initiatives in the realm of camps, camp programs, properties, camp staff and compliance
- Ensures the marketing of camp programs to achieve the highest possible enrollment and to ensure capacity is achieved
- Oversees the accurate and timely processing of camper registrations and the national coordination of the software for this work
- Provide regular updates regarding the progress and status of various initiatives.
- Write and update business plans for camps and camp programs
- Oversees the property bookings process and the national implementation and management of that software program.
Qualifications & Skills
- Exemplary computer skills – Excel, Word, Outlook and file systems management
- Broad understanding required of property related standards, including interpretation of complex information.
- Experience with content management systems and/or databases
- Regular access to a reliable vehicle for work related transportation – Mileage allowance will be provided, unless rental vehicle is determined to be the most effective means of transportation.
- Post-secondary education in a related field.
- 4-5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Conscientious and meticulous attention to detail.
- Strong written communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively, tactfully, and courteously through oral and written communications
- Solid organizational skills and ability to handle multiple inquiries/requests based on their respective priorities
- Strong interpersonal and networking skills to build relationships with a diverse range of people
- New challenges don’t intimidate you as you consistently rise to meet and embrace your constantly evolving role in the work landscape.
- Appreciation, respect and comradery of working in a small high functioning team with a shared work load and a common measurable vision and goals is valued.
We’ve got you covered
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes a fabulous merchandise discount; an employer-matched retirement plan after one year; extended health, prescription, vision and dental coverage and more.
If you think you would make a great addition to the team, please email your resume and cover letter indicating your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Scouts Canada thanks you for taking the time to consider this position. Please understand that only individuals chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Scouts Canada encourages applications from all qualified candidates and has a great record of accommodating persons with disabilities. Contact Lisa Donnelly in Human Resources at email@example.com or 613-224-5131 if you need accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information on our accommodation policies.