Are you passionate about making a difference in the lives of youth? Excited to strategize on ways to attract more volunteers and youth to join Scouting? Interested in joining a fun, flexible and fast paced opportunity in the non-profit sector? You might be the right person to take on the role of Executive Director for multiple Councils in British Columbia/Yukon.
Come join an energetic and fun team that is committed to growing Scouting and making a difference in the lives of youth! Scouts Canada promises youth, parents and the community at large that “It Starts with Scouts”. Scouts provides youth with opportunities to experience great adventures and learn new things to become capable and well-rounded citizens. We have reinvigorated our program to meet the changing demands of youth.
You will use your enthusiasm, drive and top-notch leadership and sales skills to support the delivery and expansion of our programs. You are accountable for the effective delivery of multiple Council’s Business Plans and in partnership with Council Leadership Teams and employees achieving membership growth targets and will report to the Executive Director of Field Services.
- Actively monitoring membership growth and providing guidance and support to Area Support Managers through territory plans and growth activities.
- Being a Safety Advocate for Councils and promoting the Safety Culture.
- Actively fostering close communication and support to management teams, Areas and Area Support Managers to ensure Volunteer Readiness, program quality and innovative programs.
- Ensuring volunteers are supported and that in-person visits meet the specific needs of the Section, Group or Area.
- Providing coaching and guidance to Area Support Managers on how to improve volunteer support.
- Effectively managing employee performance through active leadership and guidance.
- Developing, implementing and executing Council Business Plans.
- Reviewing, recommending and implementing future structure changes that will allow us to better service and support our volunteers.
What you bring to the table:
- Demonstrated success in an Organizational leadership role, preferably in the NFP sector.
- Proven track record of successfully executing business plans.
- Strong selling skills and the ability to promote and market our program in the community.
- Initiative coupled with a sense of competitive drive, and the ability to stay focused on results despite changing conditions.
- Collaborative management style to build trust and inspire others to achievement common goals.
- Strong conflict management and change management skills.
- Experience working with volunteers and volunteer management approaches.
- Prior involvement with Scouts Canada is an asset.
- Bilingualism (any language) is considered an asset.
- You will work from a home environment while having the support of a centralized Service Centre.
- Extensive travel is required to ensure the sound management of all Council’s, groups and volunteers.
- Travel can be up to 10,000 km per year.
- Must possess a valid driver’s licence, clean drivers abstract and provide own vehicle. Mileage allowance will be provided.
- Work hours are flexible but will include evening and weekend responsibilities.
We’ve got you covered
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes a fabulous merchandise discount; an employer-matched retirement plan after one year; extended health, prescription, vision and dental coverage and more.
If you think you will make a great addition to our team of nearly 12,000 youth and 3000 volunteers and staff, and if this role excites you, we want to hear from you! Please take the time to tell us about yourself in a cover letter — we want to hear your story — your background, your accomplishments, and why this role is a good fit with your future career aspirations.
Please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Scouts Canada thanks you for taking the time to consider this position. Please understand that only individuals chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Scouts Canada encourages applications from all qualified candidates and has a great record of accommodating persons with disabilities. Contact Lisa Donnelly in Human Resources at email@example.com or 613-224-5131 if you need accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information on our accommodation policies.