Scouts Canada Marcom Moderation Team
This position will oversee and provide Moderation support to members of Scouts Canada groups on Facebook, uphold group conduct guidelines, and help build a national virtual community of Scouts Canada members.
Reporting to: National Marcom Team/ Social Media Team lead
The primary job duties and responsibilities include:
- Working as a team to ensure ongoing moderator coverage of national discussion groups (including Scouts Canada Discussion Group and/or the Canadian Path Discussion Group at this time) on Facebook, with possibility of assisting with other social media channels.
- Upholding the group guidelines, including SC’s Code of Conduct and Scout Law, following escalation process to address issues.
- Approving new members after confirming SC membership status via questions, cross-referencing MyScouts.
- Triaging member inquiries, feedback, etc.
- General ongoing group maintenance, ie: reviewing flagged messages, regular cover image updates, linked groups, etc.
- Monitor group conversations and weighing in where appropriate with links to information, contact names/email addresses, and common sense.
- Liaising with the Social Media team, providing feedback, general reports & user-generated content
- Sharing Scouts Canada social media content, partner posts, or other interesting posts per content plan, or where appropriate, generating conversation and seeking volunteer input.
- Help continue to grow the group(s) into a valuable tool by and for volunteers.
- Required availability approximately 10 hours/month
- Active member of Scouts Canada, with experience and knowledge of its strategic objectives and programs
- Advanced Facebook user/Experience moderating Facebook groups or other social media channels
- Willing to moderate heated situations, applying common sense, SC guidelines and practices
- Experience fostering teamwork, culture and accountability
- Ability to work with a diverse audience reflecting different stakeholder groups
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; experience with Non-Violent Communication principles an asset
- Ability to work collaboratively, in an open, virtual environment, and positively contribute to a team environment using positive, professional tact and judgement
- Ability to organize and maintain peer networks; and
- Ability to make decisions / interact with volunteers.
- Access to mobile technology preferred
To apply, email email@example.com detailing your interest in the Marcom Moderation Team, along with your resume.