Scouts Canada is seeking a Member and Financial Services Coordinator to join our team in our Maritime Service Centre for a One-Year Contract Term. The Member & Financial Services Coordinator is responsible for providing financial, administrative and clerical services in order to ensure effective, efficient and accurate financial and administrative operations as well as providing daily service to council volunteers and members.
Excellent ability to quickly organize, document and key large volumes of data into various spreadsheets and accounting software with a high sense of accuracy is a key success factor for this role. If you think you have what it takes we want to hear from you!
Scouts Canada promises youth, parents and the community at large that “It Starts with Scouts”. Scouts aims to provide youth with opportunities to experience new things and develop into capable and well-rounded individuals. You will join an energetic and fun team that is committed to growing Scouting and making a difference in the lives of youth!
- Maintain member databases and reconcile to accounting
- Produce revenue/expense reports monthly
- Prepare batches of invoices for data entry
- Data enter invoices for payment
- Process backup reports after data entry
- Prepare and record all manual cheques
- Support member registrations for council events, Scouting year & all else as assigned
- Complete monthly bank statement reconcile and update financials where appropriate
- Attend planning meetings and take minutes when requested
What you bring to the table:
- Post-secondary education in a related field or a combination of post-secondary education and relevant work experience.
- Experience in a financial or data entry role is required
- Self-starter and the ability to prioritize and manage your time effectively to achieve/surpass targets.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to meet service level agreements
- Excellent ability to quickly analyze and key large volumes of data with a high sense of accuracy
- Thrive in a busy and challenging environment where every day is something different.
- Experience with accounting software including Quickbooks/Great Plains would be an asset
- Ability to work successfully within Microsoft office including Word/Excel would be required
- Experience working with volunteers and volunteer management approaches is an asset.
- You will work within the Maritime Service Centre office
- Work hours will be 8:30-4:30 Mon.-Fri. however some flexibility will be required to work evenings and/or weekends during busy program events
- A clear Police Record Check is a requirement and will be asked of the successful candidate
- This is a one-year contract opportunity.
If you think you will make a great addition to the team, please email your resume and cover letter indicating your salary expectations to email@example.com.
Scouts Canada thanks you for taking the time to consider this position. Please understand that only individuals chosen for an interview will be contacted. For more information on the Nova Scotia Council visit nsc.scouts.ca.
Scouts Canada encourages applications from all qualified candidates and has a great record of accommodating persons with disabilities. Contact Lisa Donnelly in Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-224-5131 if you need accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information on our accommodation policies.