Do you love the outdoors? Are you passionate about youth development? Are you aligned with our mission to help develop well-rounded youth, better prepared for success in the world? Do you have administrative support experience and think you have what it takes to become our next Member Services Administrator? If you answered yes, we want to hear from you! Scouts Canada has an exciting opportunity for a Member Services Administrator to join our team in Vancouver.
For more than 100 years, Scouts Canada has brought a world of adventure, outdoor experience, friendship and fun to 17 million Canada youth. We have reinvigorated our program to meet the changing demands of youth and are looking for someone who has experience working with volunteers and supporting day do day office duties.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will provide top-notch administrative support and contribute to the efficient day-to-day operations of the Service Centre.
Your to-do list with change daily, but your main responsibilities are:
- Manage administration of BCY Properties for ensuring that all properties are in compliance with National Property compliance standards
- Knowledge of basic accounting is an asset
- Administer the tour permit process for the members
- Liaise with the Executive Director and National Service Staff for timely issuance of the tour permit
- Manage the Insurance Corporation of BC fleet insurance for groups
- Provide general building maintenance for the BCY Service Centre
- Manage the entire loan out equipment including flags, stands, popups, banners, etc.
- Manage the records storage including offsite storage
- Provide support for all Council related Honours & Awards ceremonies
- Assist with the administration of the No One Left Behind (NOLB) subsidy process, ensuring youth are registered and any outstanding fees are followed up on in a timely manner as and when required
- IT support for all staff, including maintenance of equipment, assisting with any IT issues, updating servers and computers when needed.
Qualifications & Skills
- Minimum high school diploma, post-secondary education preferred.
- 2+ years of administrative and/or customer service experience
- Intermediate skill with Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook.
- Proven ability to deliver excellent customer service.
- Strong communication skills and ability to clearly communicate through writing.
- Dynamic interpersonal skills and ability to interact with employees, members and general public in a professional manner.
- A keen eye for detail to ensure accuracy at all times
- Solid organizational skills and ability to handle multiple inquiries/requests based on their respective priorities
- Be able to work independently under minimal direction and also thrive in a team environment.
- Strong ability to work autonomously
- Flexible and adaptable to changing environments and situations
- Solid property management skills
- IT related experience
If this role excites you, we want to hear from you! Please take the time to tell us about yourself in a cover letter — we want to hear your story — your background, your accomplishments, and why this role is a good fit with your future career aspirations.
Please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Scouts Canada thanks you for taking the time to consider this position. Please understand that only individuals chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Scouts Canada encourages applications from all qualified candidates and has a great record of accommodating persons with disabilities. Contact Lisa Donnelly in Human Resources at email@example.com or 613-224-5131 if you need accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information on our accommodation policies.