Do you love the outdoors? Are you passionate about youth development? Are you aligned with our mission to help develop well-rounded youth, better prepared for success in the world? Do you pride yourself on your strong communication and coordination skills? Do you think you have what it takes to become our next Member Services Registrar? If you answered yes we want to hear from you!
For more than 100 years, Scouts Canada has brought a world of adventure, outdoor experience, friendship and fun to 17 million Canada youth. We have reinvigorated our program to meet the changing demands of youth and are looking for a key addition to our Central Ontario Service Centre Team in Toronto!
Reporting directly to the Operations Manager and in support of the existing Scouting program and the Principals and Practices of Scouting, you will be responsible for managing the administration of our internal database and ensuring that all members are registered and compliant with screening requirements.
Specifically, you will be responsible for:
- Entering registration and screening documents into our internal database.
- Administering the Police Record/Information Check and Vulnerable Sector Search processes.
- Being the point of contact for group and area registrars and providing information and advice; conducting regular training and webinars for group and area registrars on using our internal database.
- Responding to enquiries related to registration and myscouts (membership database and eLearning platform) in a timely manner.
- Producing monthly statistical reports to management.
- Providing registration support to new and prospective groups and follow up with groups having outstanding registration issues.
- Supporting the reconciliation of registrations, forms and fees.
- Ensuring that physical and electronic membership record filing systems and databases are current, accurate, and organized.
Education, Experience & Skills
- Minimum high school diploma, post-secondary education preferred.
- 2+ years of customer service experience (call centre, help centre, or registration office experience preferred).
- Data entry experience and experience using online CRM, member registration, or association management system (Avectra preferred).
- Intermediate skill with Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook.
- This role is a one year contract term with the possibility of extension.
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to manage the needs of the Council members.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to interact with staff, volunteers, members and public in a confident, courteous and professional manner.
- Solid organizational skills and ability to handle multiple inquiries/requests in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Conscientious and meticulous attention to detail.
- Be able to work independently under minimal direction and thrive in a team environment.
If this role excites you, we want to hear from you! Please take the time to tell us about yourself in a cover letter — we want to hear your story — your background, your accomplishments, and why this role is a good fit with your future career aspirations.
Please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Scouts Canada encourages applications from all qualified candidates and has a great record of accommodating persons with disabilities. Contact Lisa Donnelly in Human Resources at 613-224-5131 if you need accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information on our accommodation policies.