National Volunteer Services Recognition Team Lead
Appointed annually; maximum three years
7 to 10 hours per week;
- All Scouts Canada volunteers receive appropriate recognition for their contributions
- Work with Councils and the National Service Team to promote and support Scouts Canada’s volunteer recognition programs
- Improve awareness and understanding of recognition programs by both internal and external stakeholders
- Provide support to the National Recognition Network comprised of the 20 Deputy Council Commissioners-Recognition
- Engage National Recognition Network members in sustaining and championing Scouts Canada’s recognition programs in their respective Councils
- Chair the National Adjudication Committee
- Assist in the maintenance and development of tools and communications to support and enhance the effectiveness of Scouts Canada’s recognition programs (e.g. Scouts Canada Recognition Guide, application forms)
- Regular communication with National Recognition Network to support engagement and sharing of best practices
- Communication with the National Adjudication Committee as required.
- Regular Communication with the National Volunteer Services Recognition Team Lead
- Commitment to the principle aims of Scouts Canada’s recognition programs
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of Scouts Canada’s Volunteer Support Strategy and recognition programs
- Demonstrated leadership, management, problem solving and decision making skills
- Proven ability to inspire confidence, team effort and leadership in others
- Excellent communication skills: ability to communicate clearly and professionally both verbally and in writing
- Excellent Computer skills: ability to create spreadsheets, processes and track performance
- Current Scouts Canada’s Training including Wood bade 1 CP.
- Knowledge of Scouting in Canada and commitment to the strategic objectives as outline in the 5 Priorities.
Please send your Scouting resume and background as to why you would be the best candidate to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications for this role will be accepted until October 15, 2017.