Are you an avid outdoor enthusiast with a broad knowledge of camping equipment and outdoor gear? Are you willing to teach others how to pack and use the gear we have in the shop in order for them to have the best next adventure! If you answered yes, then we would like to talk to you! We are currently seeking a part-time Retail Sales Associate to join our Scout Shop in Ottawa.
Scouts Shops across the country provide a one-stop-shop for thousands of exciting products designed to help people make the most of their outdoor experiences. We sell everything from name brand camping equipment, to awesome outdoor gear.
You will apply your knowledge of camping and outdoor gear to help customers make informed decisions about everything they need in order to enjoy their outdoor experiences! You will provide friendly customer service every step of the way and look for ways to enhance the shopping experience for customers.
Who we are:
For over 100 years, Scouts Canada has brought a world of Adventure, outdoor experience and friendship to 17 million Canadian youth. Scouts Canada offers programming for children and youth aged 5-26 in multiple languages, reflecting Canada’s multicultural landscape and communities.
Who you are:
- A friendly, outgoing person who can strike up a conversation and make people smile;
- An outdoor and active lifestyle enthusiast with a broad knowledge of camping and outdoor gear;
- Strong communicator – you listen first and then share your excellent knowledge.
What you do:
- Help customers get the gear and advice they need for their outdoor experiences;
- Inform customers on products, services and current promotions;
- Look for ways to increase awareness of the Scout Shop (in stores and online);
- Assist Scouts Canada’s member with making Scouting related purchases;
- Merchandising and keep the store organized and looking good;
- Perform gear workshop sessions with Scouting groups;
- Keep up with product knowledge;
- Check and maintain inventory levels;
- Execute mail/web orders in a timely manner.
You will bring to the role:
- A passion for the outdoors and broad knowledge and experience with camping equipment (tents, sleeping bags, stoves, packs, etc.)
- Previous sales/customer service experience. Retail sales experience is an asset.
- High school education. Post-secondary education an asset.
- Scouting experience is an asset.
- Flexibility to work a variety of shifts from Monday to Sunday as well as holidays.
If this role excites you, we want to hear from you! Please take the time to tell us about yourself in a cover letter — we want to hear your story — your background, your accomplishments, and why this role is a good fit with your future career aspirations.
Please submit your application to email@example.com.
Scouts Canada thanks you for taking the time to consider this position. Please understand that only individuals chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Scouts Canada encourages applications from all qualified candidates and has a great record of accommodating persons with disabilities. Contact Lisa Donnelly in Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-224-5131 if you need accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information on our accommodation policies.