Are you a high energy Rover-aged youth looking to shape the experience of 50,000 young people and volunteers at the 24th World Scout Jamboree? We’re looking for an outgoing, high-energy individual to join the World Scout Jamboree planning team!
As a member of Dream Team, you’ll help shape the overall jamboree experience from start to finish by advising the most senior levels of the planning team. Additionally, you’ll identify an area of interest within the jamboree planning group, and work side-by-side with that groups leadership on implementing the jamboree vision. Dream team members are also the face of promoting the jamboree, and regularly take part in promotional events and opportunities.
Are you ready to help unlock a new world? Submit your letter of interest and CV to email@example.com by November 19th at 11:59 pm PT.
Job title: Dream Team Member, Canada
Organization: Dream Team 2.0
Time Commitment: 10-15 hours per week, occasional weekend meetings in various locations
Reporting to: Co-chair, Canada – 24th World Scout Jamboree
Purpose: To provide input in the planning of the 24WSJ
Period of Appointment: Through the end of 2019
Main Responsibilities and Activities
- Provide a unique perspective in the planning and vision building process of 24WSJ.
- Take on an operational role in supporting a red box (senior) leadership position
- Attend promotional opportunities on behalf of 24WSJ
- Be able to meet the physical demands of the summit—walking, etc.
- Stay on site at the Summit Bechtel Reserve during the 24th World Scout Jamboree including during all pre-preparation and take down. (roughly 3 weeks 7/22-8/2/2019)
- Have current registration in scouting with Scouts Canada
- Previous jamboree experience as asset
- Familiarity with Scouts Canada’s Canadian Path program
- Public Speaking
- Social Media experience is an asset
- Able to work well with others
Expectations and Training
- Maintain training required for registered scouting position as per Scouts Canada requirements
- Maintain current 24WSJ Youth Protection training
- Regular attendance at Dream Team 2.0 meetings
- Attendance at any other events or prior Jamboree meetings as required
- Able to provide adequate time during summer of 2019 at the jamboree site
- Must have, or have the ability to obtain a valid passport
Submit your letter of interest and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 19th at 11:59 pm PT.