Make an impact on your Scouting organization
Are you looking to strengthen the impact Scouts Canada has on developing the leaders of tomorrow? Interested in gaining leadership skills while networking with Scouts across the Americas? If so, you should apply to attend the Fifth Annual Interamerican Leadership Training (ILT) taking place in Quito, Ecuador from December 28th, 2017 to January 3rd, 2018. Applicants must be 18 – 26 years of age at the time of the training.
This training will strengthen your impact as future contributors to the Scouting movement by providing you with leadership, communications and planning skills. As ambassadors for Scouts Canada, you will share your experience and knowledge at home and promote collaboration of youth leaders within the Interamerican Region. You will also have the opportunity to gather valuable resources and network with other Scouting organizations that will help you as you work to make a difference in the lives of young people.
Top International Leaders and participating ILT alumni will be talking about leadership, communications and planning. Sessions are designed for participation rather than classroom training.
- Values of Scouting
- Messenger of Peace Program / Designing a Messenger of Peace Project
- Effective Communication
- Understanding the “Group”
- Team Development
- Problem Solving / Decision Making
- Consensus Building / Conflict Management
If you are interested in participating in a uniquely tailored leadership training program please submit:
- CV detailing your current Scouting role and Group (if applicable), Scouting background (and other community involvement), and leadership roles in and out of Scouting.
- A Cover letter that details why you are interested in the training program.
- Name, telephone number, and email address.
Applications are to be submitted to Search Committee Chair, Marlissa Moro at firstname.lastname@example.org by October 5th 2017.
Please Note: Ground transportation in Quito, registration, meals, lodging and materials will be paid by Scouts Canada. Travel arrangements to/from Ecuador will be arranged and paid by the Course Administration. Other travel expenses (i.e. VISA, transportation to and from your home airport, etc.) are the responsibility of the participant.