Minimize dirty dishes with this quick and easy hot lunch. This recipe is perfect for camping or day adventures, especially when you need to pack light.
- Mini bags of nacho cheese corn chips (one per person)
- 1/2 kilogram lean ground beef or meat alternative
- 1 cup of water
- 1 package of taco seasoning
- Shredded cheese
- Cubed fresh tomatoes
- Shredded lettuce
- Optional: salsa, hot sauce, refried beans, avocado
- Brown ground beef. Drain excess fat.
- Add taco seasoning and water to seasoning, as per the directions on the packet (probably one cup of water).
- Simmer for 4-5 minutes, until seasoning and water have formed a sauce.
- Each camper can grab a bag of nachos. Open the bag and let some of the air out, then crunch up the chips a little.
- Add seasoned ground beef, tomatoes, extra cheese and any other ingredients you like.
- Eat with a spoon right from the bag! Enjoy.