You will need : 1 Box of Cake Mix, 1 can of Sprite (or Seven-Upon ginger ale) 2 Cans of Pie Filling. Any flavour combination. We like cherry pie filling and vanilla cake mix. Chocolate cake is nice too.
- Put down some Tin Foil on the bottom of your Dutch Oven.
- Pour in your Pie Filling. Sprinkle dry cake mix over the Pie Filling.
- Put a few pats (about 4 if you have) of butter scattered over the top of the cake mix and then pour the Sprite overtop of everything.
- Do NOT MIX. Put lid on your Dutch Oven.
- Put it over a few coals and cover the lid with coals (there should be more coals on top than on the bottom).
- Bake that for about 20 – 30 minutes, until the cake is nice and golden brown. You can also use with charcoal briquettes.