Thanking A Volunteer Directly Through Myscouts.ca
Did you know you can ‘Thank’ someone directly to their volunteer profile through myscouts.ca? This works for any Scouter whose profile you have access to.
- Log into your myscouts.ca account
- Find the person you want to recognize in myscouts.ca
- For example, use the ‘Find an Individual’ link, or Navigate through your Section to the person’s profile
- On the left-hand side under Admin Options, click the ‘Add Commendation’ link. The ‘Add Commendation’ modal dialogue box will pop up.
- The Individual Name field should already be filled in with the person you are recognizing.
- In the Application Date, fill in the approximate date of service you are recognizing them for (for example, the date of the meeting, activity or event), or fill in today’s date if you don’t know.
- In the Comments field, describe in 3-4 sentences the outstanding act or service the person has performed and the impact on you, the Youth or the community. You have 1000 characters to work with.
- Leave the Recognition Name as ‘Certificate of Commendation’
- In the Nominator Field, put in the name of the person making the commendation. If you wish, you could add the relationship to the person being recognized in brackets. For example,
- Linus van Pelt (Fellow Scouter)
- Woodstock (Cub Scout)
- Big Bird (Parent)
- Click Save to send the commendation on for approval.
Note — the Application Date, Comments and Nominator fields are used in the same way as if you had entered the commendation through scouts.ca/thanks website and will appear on the Commendation Letter. By adding the commendation through myscouts.ca, there’s no confusion which person the commendation is being made for, and the approval process will be faster.