Camp Samac Summer Program 2021
REPORTS TO: Summer Program Director
- Two weeks of paid job training & program preparation (June 21 - July 2)
- Nine weeks of full-time program implementation (July 5 - September 3)
- 35 hours per week (Monday-Friday schedule)
The CIT Staff (2 positions) are responsible for the development & delivery of our leadership-based program on property, including creating all activities & monitoring the wellbeing of program participants. These positions are also responsible for all equipment, supplies & services necessary for the operation of said programs. This pair must possess strong collaboration skills & be passionate about working with adolescents (aged 13-16 years). This position requires adaptability & an interest in supporting the Senior Staff in incorporating more of the Canadian Path principles into the Summer Camp Program. These positions will be essential in implementing and monitoring all health & safety protocols in accordance with provincial reopening guidelines and Public Health policies.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for coordinating all aspects of the leadership program, including planning activities and required materials.
- Responsible for all equipment used in the assigned programs.
- Assist in handling disciplinary concerns involving Senior Programs participants according to progressive discipline principles.
- Regularly provide meaningful and clear feedback to program participants to enhance their personal growth.
- Support adolescents with goal setting and development in a variety of areas.
- Provide a final written report at conclusion of season highlighting successes and recommendations for change.
- Submit weekly supply requests to the Program Coordinators.
- Assist in the set-up/take down of camp & weekly turnover to various user groups.
- Contribute to implementing all health & safety protocols on-site (as assigned).
- Ability to work non-traditional business hours (as required).
- Complete all grant paperwork promptly as needed.
- Assist in other duties as requested by the Summer Program Director.
- Experienced in developing and supervising leadership programming for adolescents.
- Experienced in working with teenaged youth; comfortable supporting youth with sensitive matters.
- Training in accessibility & inclusion to meet all participants' needs.
- Proven ability to provide direction to others as necessary.
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively in a close partnership for the duration of the contract.
- Current Standard First Aid & CPR (Level C).
- Embodies personal beliefs in keeping with the Mission, Principles & Practices of Scouts Canada.
- Proven leadership, teamwork, planning & administrative abilities.
- Strong communication & customer service skills.
- Completes Scouts Canada screening process including a clear Police Records Check with Vulnerable Sector Check.
If you think you will make a great addition to the team, please complete our Online Application by May 14, 2021. Scouts Canada thanks you for taking the time to consider this position. Please understand that only individuals chosen for an interview will be contacted.
For more information about Camp Samac, go to http://wpc.scouts.ca/ca/camp-samac.