Cook — Camp Adventureland
Reports To: Camp Director
Work Time: 35 hours per week, July 5th- August 30th
The Camp Adventureland Cook will be responsible for providing meals to the staff 3 times daily, working with the camp director to oversee food orders, will maintain a clean kitchen at all times in accordance with public health requirements and will manage portion control. They will also work in a manner that meets COVID-19 safety controls in conjunction with the rest of our Summer Staff.
- Be an effective role model to campers & colleagues:
- Living the vision, mission, & values of Scouts Canada.
- Compliance with all rules, regulations, & property safety procedures.
- Appropriate communication & interactions prior to, during, & after camp visits.
- Maintaining a clean & safe work environment, & general behaviour throughout the employment period.
- Notify the Camp Director of any concerns as they arise.
- Aid with following COVID-19 safety controls
- Performing routine maintenance duties such as cleaning of kitchen and equipment
- Prepare meals
- Manage portions and budget based ordering
- Promptly complete paperwork as requested.
- Other duties as required.
- Between 16-30 years of age.*
- Possesses Standard First Aid & CPR Certification.
- Food Handlers certificate
- Capable of lifting up to 15kg (30lbs) safely & standing for extended periods of time.
- Completes Scouts Canada screening process including a clear Police Records Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening.
- Excellent organizational, communication, & time management skills.
- Experience working in a kitchen setting
- Demonstrated ability to follow instructions & meet assigned deadlines.
- Customer-service oriented.
- Proven ability to work both independently & in a team atmosphere.
- Must wear hairnet or hat when working in kitchen as well as fully enclosed footwear at all times
If you think you will make a great addition to the team, please complete our application by May 21, 2021. Scouts Canada thanks you for taking the time to consider this position. Please understand that only individuals chosen for an interview will be contacted.