Guest Services Staff
Camp Samac Summer Program 2021
REPORTS TO: Administrative Coordinator
- One week of paid job training & program preparation (June 21 - 25)
- Ten weeks of full-time customer service (June 28 - September 6)
- 35 hours per week (Monday-Friday or Wednesday - Sunday / Thursday - Monday schedule)
The Guest Services Staff (2 positions) are responsible for providing a safe and seamless check in/out experience for guests. This staff team will be responsible for welcoming new visitors, reviewing protocols, providing tours/directions, and answering inquiries related to our various camping operations. The Guest Services Staff will support guests with programming sign-ups throughout the day. This team will also operate our on-site Tuck Shop for guests and members of the public throughout the week. This position requires superb organizational and customer service skills to support our guests throughout their stay.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordination of check-in/out experience for guests according to pre-booking reports and availability.
- Responsible for maintenance of programming equipment & resources.
- Participation & assistance in office duties and staff coverage as assigned.
- Weekly submission of any supply request forms to the Administrative Coordinator.
- Provide feedback to the Senior Staff at weekly staff meetings.
- Assist in the set-up/take down of camp & turnover to various user groups.
- Facilitate property directions/tours as required throughout the day.
- Operate the on-site Tuck Shop, tracking daily sales and item inventories.
- Support the guests with signing in/out various self-directed programming activity kits throughout the day.
- Provide a final written report at conclusion of season highlighting successes and recommendations for change.
- Contribute to implementing all health & safety protocols on-site (as assigned).
- Complete all grant paperwork promptly as needed.
- Assist in other duties as requested by the Summer Program Director.
- Other duties as required.
- Minimum 16 years of age.
- Experience working in a camp, office, and/or retail role.
- Excellent organizational and customer service skills.
- Proven ability to provide direction to others as necessary.
- Ability to self-start and work collaboratively within a team.
- Current Standard First Aid & CPR (Level C).
- Embodies personal beliefs in keeping with the Mission, Principles & Practices of Scouts Canada.
- Proven leadership, teamwork, planning & administrative abilities.
- Strong communication & customer service skills.
- Completes Scouts Canada screening process including a clear Police Records Check with Vulnerable Sector Check.
If you think you will make a great addition to the team, please complete our Online Application by May 14, 2021. Scouts Canada thanks you for taking the time to consider this position. Please understand that only individuals chosen for an interview will be contacted.
For more information about Camp Samac, go to http://wpc.scouts.ca/ca/camp-samac.