Hospitality Director — Camp Adventureland
Reports To: Camp Director
Work Time: 35 hours per week, July 5th- August 30th
In collaboration with the Camp Adventureland,Camp Director, the Camp Adventureland Hospitality Director is responsible for the management of Summer Camp operations related to bookings customer service and tuck shop sales. This includes entry of booking information into reports for staff and regularly monitoring registrant numbers in accordance with the provincial reopening guidelines. The Hospitality Director is also the primary point of contact for phone and email queries regarding family camping and/or day-use passes at Woodland Trails/Adventureland. The Hospitality Director will oversee all Hospitality staff as well as the property’s tuck shop operations.
- Assist Camp Director with selection and evaluation of all Guest Services Staff.
- Assist in planning & implementation of staff training.
- Enhance the organization of administrative responsibilities to maintain smooth day-to-day operations throughout the summer.
- Provide feedback to the Camp Director at daily Senior Staff meetings.
- Assist in the set-up/take down of camp & turnover to various user groups.
- Contribute to day-to-day office operations (i.e., answering phone calls, tending to visitor concerns, assisting with scheduling)
- Complete data entry, responsible for the publication/distribution of weekly reports, share promotional materials, conduct follow-up correspondence with guests, and support with incident reporting.
- Host end-of-year performance reviews/debriefs with assigned employees.
- Support the programming booking systems on-site for guests to access upon check-in/check-out and throughout their stay.
- Tend to guest inquiries/concerns related to program offerings.
- Purchase, monitor, & report on tuck shop stock/sales according to the operating budget.
- Contribute to implementing all health & safety protocols on-site (as assigned).
- Ability to work non-traditional business hours (as required).
- Complete all grant paperwork promptly as requested.
- Assist in other duties as requested by the Camp Director.
- Experienced in working at a youth summer camp or similar recreational camping environment.
- Superb oral & written communication skills; experienced in data entry & report writing.
- Excellent customer service & proven staff management skills.
- Ability to work independently & prioritize a variety of tasks.
- Ability to make decisions in high-stress situations.
- Current Standard First Aid & CPR (Level C).
- Embodies personal beliefs in keeping with the Mission, Principles & Practices of Scouts Canada.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a variety of digital software (i.e., Doubleknot booking system).
- Proven leadership, conflict resolution/mediation, and customer service skills.
Completes Scouts Canada screening process including a clear Police Records Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening (VSS).
If you think you will make a great addition to the team, please complete our application by May 21, 2021. Scouts Canada thanks you for taking the time to consider this position. Please understand that only individuals chosen for an interview will be contacted.