IT Support Analyst
Do you want to be a part of the change you want to see in the world? At Scouts Canada our Vision is “Canadian youth making a meaningful contribution to creating a better world.” For more than 100 years, Scouts Canada has brought a world of adventure, outdoor experience, friendship and fun to 17 million Canadian youth and we need passionate people who share our Mission to develop well-rounded youth better prepared for success in the world.
Scouts Canada is seeking an IT Guru to join our IT Department in Ottawa, ON. Reporting to the IT Team Lead as the IT Support Analyst, you will ensure that Scouts Canada’s IT department delivers high levels of application and network availability, reliability, stability, performance and scalability. At the same time, you will be continually working to improve IT effectiveness and efficiency and find cost reduction opportunities through best practices.
Do you think you have what it takes to become our next IT Support Analyst in our Ottawa office? If you answered yes we want to hear from you!
This position will provide first-level and second-level technical support to internal staff and act as the main point of contact between end users in other departments and Scouts Canada’s internal IT department
Specifically, you will be responsible for:
- Setup, configuration, and standardization of end-point devices, including but not limited to, workstations, laptops, smartphones, printers, and peripherals
- Perform System Administrative tasks for Microsoft Office 365.
- Perform security patches to end devices based on a regular schedule and as needed.
- Installing, configuring, and supporting the client component of a variety of approved hardware and applications
- Resolving user technical issues and service requests in a timely manner
- Logging all support requests and follow up detail into an internal ticketing system
- Reporting ticket summary to leadership and suggest methods to improve repetitive ticket requests
- Maintain variety of software and hot fixes
- Creating recovery media and backups of workstations, servers, and appliances, as required
- Monitoring and enforcement of the company's anti-virus policy on individual workstations
- Acting as on-call support in the event of service or server outage or special events
- Troubleshoot and maintain network, Wi-Fi and telephony connectivity
- Feature programming and end user support for the company's telephony systems
- Audit and inventory of all computer assets
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills to provide the highest level of support on technical issues to end users
- Strong organizational skills and ability to perform multiple tasks concurrently and respond to emergency situations effectively
- Strong communication skills and the ability to communication technical/complex information to technical and non-technical users
- Strong diagnostic and analytic skills
- Strong team player and the ability to work independently
Education, Experience & Skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong customer service, organization, planning and execution skills
- Ability to build relationships across a variety of levels in the organization
- PC and laptop hardware troubleshooting experience
- Bachelor’s in computer science or related discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in IT Support
- Experience administering Microsoft Office 365, including Exchange, SharePoint, and Teams.
- Proven ability to do desktop and server hardware troubleshooting.
- Basic understanding of IT security principles and best practices.
- In-depth knowledge and troubleshooting ability with core workstation applications including Microsoft Office suite of applications and Adobe suite of applications
- Basic networking skills, TCP/IP, switches, routers.
- Database and SQL Server knowledge is an asset
- Works in office environment
- Regular office hours - occasional evening and weekend work is required
- Occasional travel might be required to provide technical support at National meetings/events
- Some work is extremely deadline driven
- Must remain discrete and maintain high levels of confidentiality
- Must role model values of Scouts Canada, including the Child and Youth Safety program.
- PRC (Police Record Check) and VSS (Vulnerable Sector Check) required
- Mandatory training requirement
We’ve got you covered:
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes an employer-matched retirement plan after one year; extended health, prescription, vision and dental coverage and more.
If this role excites you, we want to hear from you! Please take the time to tell us about yourself in a cover letter — we want to hear your story — your background, your accomplishments, and why this role is a good fit with your future career aspirations. We want to learn about you!
Please submit your application (Cover Letter and Resume) to email@example.com.
Scouts Canada thanks you for taking the time to consider this position. Please understand that only individuals chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Scouts Canada encourages applications from all qualified candidates and has a great record of accommodating persons with disabilities. Contact Human Resources at 613-224-5134 ex 252 if you need accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information on our accommodation policies.
Ready to Apply?
If this role excites you, we want to hear from you! Please take the time to tell us about yourself in a cover letter — we want to hear your story — your background, your accomplishments, and why this role is a good fit with your future career aspirations. We want to learn about you and your passions!
Please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.