IT Team Lead — Ottawa, ON
Do you want to be a part of the change you want to see in the world? At Scouts Canada our Vision is “Canadian youth making a meaningful contribution to creating a better world.” For more than 100 years, Scouts Canada has brought a world of adventure, outdoor experience, friendship and fun to 17 million Canadian youth and we need passionate people who share our Mission to develop well-rounded youth better prepared for success in the world.
Scouts Canada is seeking an IT Guru to join our IT Department in Ottawa, ON. Reporting to the vCIO as the IT Team Lead, The IT Lead is responsible for both the effective leadership of the IT team and the business partnering activities between the IT department and other functions.
This role will work closely with the Functional Teams/Project Stakeholders to define the business requirements and to ensure that the software fixes and enhancements meet their and the organization’s expected results. They will also support and maintain existing infrastructure, applications, and development of new technical solutions.
Do you think you have what it takes to become our next IT Team Lead in our Ottawa office? If you answered yes, we want to hear from you!
Specifically, you will be responsible for:
IT Team Leadership Requirements:
- Manage all IT projects from building the business case with the project stakeholder to move forward with the project enhancement, building the functional and technical requirements and melding them into a concise project plan with dates of completion and providing management with clear deliverable dates.
- Optimize the use of technology licenses software and equipment
- Participating in the management of Vendor relationships to ensure the outlined goals and expected performance is reached
- Managing IT budgets and enforcing cost effectiveness
- Build IT policies and procedures that align with organization’s goals.
- Coaching and influencing staff on how to extract the most value out of the existing IT Services
- Developing and providing orientation and on-going education to staff on IT topics, processes and procedures
- Identifying opportunities for staff training on IT systems
- Supervising daily operations of IT Dept
Business Partnering Requirements:
- Organize and facilitate requirements gathering sessions with project stakeholders, team members and end users. Prepare requirements in partnership with functional teams.
- Proactively communicate with cross functional teams to ensure thorough understanding and explanations of issues and resolutions and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Liaise with multiple areas of the business to facilitate the development of the business requirements into solutions – to identify effective solutions based on data analysis and supporting the development, testing and implementation of the solution
- Manage testers to the testing plan
- Gather and create business and end user requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis.
- Determine feasibility of the business requirements and alignment to business needs;
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems by analyzing and developing new approaches to existing practices;
Document Requirement Deliverables:
- Partner with Functional Subject Matter Experts to create Use Cases.
Communicate, Verify and Validate Requirements:
- Conduct requirements review walkthrough sessions with user experience/design, technology and end users;
Education, Experience & Skills
- University degree in a related discipline such as Business Administration, Commerce, Technology.
- Project Management certification is considered an asset.
- Proven working experience as an IT Lead and leading/ managing IT projects
- Understanding and experience with managing IT infrastructure, including systems, personal computers, help desk, servers and printers
- Experience with partnering with a Managed Service Provider is an asset.
- Strong knowledge of Cloud technologies is an asset.
- Demonstrated progressive work experience in the information technology field
- Excellent overall communication, presentation, and consensus building skills
- Excellent written communication skills with a critical eye to accuracy
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team; highly motivated self-starter; detail-oriented with an ability to think through problems creatively
- Ability to multi-task and to take proactive steps in managing issues.
- Can ask good questions, set-up notes, organize, multi-task, manager.
- Works in office environment
- Regular office hours - occasional evening and weekend work is required
- Occasional travel might be required to provide technical support at National meetings/events
- Must remain discrete and maintain high levels of confidentiality
- Must role model values of Scouts Canada, including the Child and Youth Safety program.
- PRC (Police Record Check) and VSC (Vulnerable Sector Check) is required
- This role is currently working remotely due to Covid-19
We’ve got you covered:
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes an employer-matched retirement plan after one year; extended health, prescription, vision and dental coverage and more.
If this role excites you, we want to hear from you! Please take the time to tell us about yourself in a cover letter — we want to hear your story — your background, your accomplishments, and why this role is a good fit with your future career aspirations. We want to learn about you!
Please submit your application (Cover Letter and Resume) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Scouts Canada thanks you for taking the time to consider this position. Please understand that only individuals chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Scouts Canada encourages applications from all qualified candidates and has a great record of accommodating persons with disabilities. Contact Human Resources at 613-224-5134 ex 252 if you need accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information on our accommodation policies.
Ready to Apply?
If this role excites you, we want to hear from you! Please take the time to tell us about yourself in a cover letter — we want to hear your story — your background, your accomplishments, and why this role is a good fit with your future career aspirations. We want to learn about you and your passions!
Please submit your application to email@example.com.