Maintenance Supervisor — Camp Adventureland
Reports To: Camp Director
Work Time: 35 hours per week, July 5th- August 30th
The Camp Adventureland Maintenance Supervisor will be responsible for overseeing the maintenance staff (4), maintaining the cleanliness of camp sites, lodges, assisting with general repairs & infrastructure improvement under the guidance & direction of the Camp Ranger. Maintenance staff will also be asked to help facilitate safe & enjoyable visits for guests in a manner that meets COVID-19 safety controls in conjunction with the rest of our Summer Staff.
- Be an effective role model to campers & colleagues:
- Living the vision, mission, & values of Scouts Canada.
- Compliance with all rules, regulations, & property safety procedures.
- Appropriate communication & interactions prior to, during, & after camp visits.
- Maintaining a clean & safe work environment, & general behaviour throughout the employment period.
- Notify the Camp Director of any concerns as they arise.
- Aid guests with following COVID-19 safety controls during their visit & facilitate safe check-in & check-out procedures while always acting in a safe manner in accordance with COVID-19 Health & Safety training.
- Performing routine maintenance duties such as (but not limited to) cleaning of buildings, washrooms, & program areas.
- Assist in providing maintenance services for buildings & campsites including (but not limited to) the care of all surfaces & service facilities; painting, basic carpentry, minor repairs, & other duties as reasonably assigned.
- Assist in outside maintenance of grounds, gardens, & parking lots, including grass-cutting, trimming, raking, & clearing brush, while always acting in a safe manner.
- Assist with the orderly & secure storage of equipment & tools.
- Promptly complete paperwork as requested.
- Other duties as required.
- Between 16-30 years of age.*
- Possesses Standard First Aid & CPR Certification.
- Basic carpentry skills & ability to operate hand tools; general knowledge of maintenance procedures.
- Capable of lifting up to 15kg (30lbs) safely & standing for extended periods of time.
- Completes Scouts Canada screening process including a clear Police Records Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening.
- Excellent organizational, communication, & time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to follow instructions & meet assigned deadlines.
- Customer-service oriented.
- Proven ability to work both independently & in a team atmosphere.
- Must wear closed toed shoes & have a pair of steel-toed shoes/boots for use.
If you think you will make a great addition to the team, please complete our application by May 21, 2021. Scouts Canada thanks you for taking the time to consider this position. Please understand that only individuals chosen for an interview will be contacted.