Member Services Registrar
Do you want to be a part of the change you want to see in the world? At Scouts Canada our Vision is “Canadian youth making a meaningful contribution to creating a better world.” For more than 100 years, Scouts Canada has brought a world of adventure, outdoor experience, friendship and fun to 17 million Canadian youth and we need passionate people who share our Mission to develop well-rounded youth better prepared for success in the world.
Scouts Canada is seeking a Member Services Registrar to join our Service Centre on a term contract until July 10, 2020. Reporting to the Operations Manager and as a key member of the Service Centre team at any location across Canada, you will be responsible for supporting the organization and administration of Scouts Canada’s MyScouts online registration process in an effective, efficient and service-orientated manner.
Do you think you have what it takes to become our next Member Services Registrar? If you answered yes, we want to hear from you!
Specifically, you will be responsible for:
- Manage administration of MyScouts and responsible for ensuring that all members are able to register online and compliant with screening requirements
- Process all non-online Registration packages received by Council/Service Center in a timely manner.
- Reconcile non-online registration forms and deposit fees to the National account?
- Manage the administration of the No One Left Behind (NOLB) subsidy process, ensuring youth are registered and any outstanding fees are followed up on in a timely manner
- Manage the administration of Group Discount Codes and 3rd Party Discounts
- Manage the registration refund process to ensure all groups/parents receive the appropriate refund in a timely manner
- Reconcile group registration on a regular basis to achieve minimal accounts receivable balance
- Produce monthly statistical reports for Operations Manager
- Point of contact for group registrars and provide a positive member services experience by providing information and advice; conduct regular training and webinars for group registrars on using MyScouts system
- Provide registration support to new and prospective groups and follow up with groups having outstanding registration issues
- Liaison with local police to ensure our process in completing screening requirements is up to date and following up on outstanding PRC/VSS
- Manage individual member files including all screening documents (PRC/VSS/Code of Conduct)
- Actively participate on all national council registrar conference calls
- Respond to Help Center queries in a timely manner. Manage Zendesk tickets and answer queries in relation to registration questions or concerns
- Process all group charters; update and maintain group-partner charter lists.
Education, Experience & Skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with staff, volunteers, members and general public in a confident, courteous and professional manner.
- Conscientious and meticulous attention to detail.
- Strong written communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively, tactfully, and courteously through oral and written communications
- Solid organizational skills and ability to handle multiple inquiries/requests based on their respective priorities
- Post-secondary education in a related field
- Minimum 2 years of experience in an administrative role
- Data entry experience and familiar with various databases
- Proficient in Word, Outlook, advanced Excel skills
- Typing/word processing skills at 30wpm or above with accuracy
- Long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers, which can cause muscle strain
- Must remain discrete and maintain high levels of confidentiality
- Must role model values of Scouts Canada including the Child and Youth Safety program.
- PRC (Police Record Check) and VSS (Vulnerable Sector Check) required
- Mandatory training requirement
Location: Any of the service centre’s across Canada.
We’ve got you covered:
If this role excites you, we want to hear from you! Please take the time to tell us about yourself in a cover letter — we want to hear your story — your background, your accomplishments, and why this role is a good fit with your future career aspirations. We want to learn about you!
Please submit your application (Cover Letter and Resume) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Scouts Canada thanks you for taking the time to consider this position. Please understand that only individuals chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Scouts Canada encourages applications from all qualified candidates and has a great record of accommodating persons with disabilities. Contact Human Resources at 613-224-5134 if you need accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information on our accommodation policies.