Production Manager — National Office
Do you want to be a part of the change you want to see in the world? At Scouts Canada our Vision is “Canadian youth making a meaningful contribution to creating a better world.” For more than 100 years, Scouts Canada has brought a world of adventure, outdoor experience, friendship and fun to 17 million Canadian youth and we need passionate people who share our Mission to develop well-rounded youth better prepared for success in the world.
Scouts Canada is seeking a Production Manager to join our Scouting Experience team in Ottawa. Reporting to the Director of Communications and as a key member of the Scouting Experience team, you will be responsible for managing the communications team’s workflow to achieve effective and efficient production, and the delivery of communications and associated materials. As required, you will also provide leadership to the communications team in support of the Director, Communications.
Specifically, you will be responsible for:
- Supports the Director of Communications in the development and execution of an efficient and effective communications department, associated processes, governance and procedures.
- Responsible for managing the communications team’s workflow through an efficient production process that delivers high-quality materials.
- Consult and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders, including an engaged volunteer membership, to implement the Communications Business Plan and Scouts Canada Strategic Plan.
- Collaborates with the Office of the CEO to provide support for the Annual General Meeting and National Service Team meetings.
- Track, monitor, forecast and report on a fast-paced production process.
- Supervise the Graphic Artist and Digital Lead to successfully manage the production of on-brand digital, web, video and printed materials that promote Scouts Canada programming, engage members, attract donors and recruit new members.
- Close liaison with printers, designers (in-house and external), mail houses, bindery /finishing suppliers, translators, videographers and photographers to ensure quality work at most economical cost to meet required deadlines.
- Negotiates printing costs by securing competitive quotations, prepares purchase orders, co-ordinates the writing, design, translation, photography, proofreading, all publications; (print and electronic).
- Oversees production and coordinates the shipping of promotional materials produced by Communications.
- Support the management and delivery of agreed outcomes and achieved targets by third party companies and partners. e.g. website development, social media support and production materials.
- Participation in special projects with additional responsibilities as required.
- Additional responsibilities and leadership as required to support the Director Communications.
Education, Experience & Skills
- University degree or College Diploma in a related field
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a communications production management role within an integrated communications environment (in-house agency)
- Demonstrated experience brand management and execution
- Well versed with print and multi-media production
- Experience managing complex projects that engage multiple stakeholders
- Works in an office environment
- Regular office hours, some evening and weekend work is required
- Long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers, which can cause muscle strain
- Some work is extremely deadline driven
- Must remain discrete and maintain high levels of confidentiality
- Must role model values of Scouts Canada including the Child and Youth Safety program.
- PRC (Police Record Check) and VSS (Vulnerable Sector Check) required
- Mandatory training requirement
We’ve got you covered:
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes a fabulous merchandise discount; an employer-matched retirement plan after one year; extended health, prescription, vision and dental coverage and more.
If tis role excites you, we want to hear from you! Please take the time to tell us about yourself in a cover letter — we want to hear your story — your background, your accomplishments, and why this role is a good fit with your future career aspirations. We want to learn about you!
Please submit your application (Cover Letter and Resume) to email@example.com.
Scouts Canada thanks you for taking the time to consider this position. Please understand that only individuals chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Scouts Canada encourages applications from all qualified candidates and has a great record of accommodating persons with disabilities. Contact Human Resources at 613-224-5134 ex 252 if you need accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information on our accommodation policies.