Camp Samac Summer Program 2021
REPORTS TO: Summer Program Director
- One week of paid job training & program preparation (June 21 - 25)
- Ten weeks of full-time program delivery & management (June 28 - September 6)
- 35 hours per week (Wednesday -Sunday / Thursday - Monday schedule; 8:30AM-4:30PM shifts)
The Program Coordinators (2 positions) are responsible for the management of the Summer Camp Program. With the common goal of enhancing camping experience for all guests, these roles will support all employees on the waterfront & programming staff teams; thus, the successful candidates must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills with proven organizational abilities. The Program Coordinators are the designated supervisors on site; a clear commitment to the prescribed duties is imperative successful program operations.
- Assist Summer Program Director with selection and evaluation of all Program & Waterfront Staff.
- Assist in planning & implementation of staff training.
- Responsible for overseeing the usage of all program-related equipment on site.
- Provide feedback to the Summer Program Director at weekly Senior Staff meetings.
- Assist in the set-up/take down of camp & turnover to various user groups.
- Contribute to day-to-day office operations (i.e. answering phone calls, tending to parent concerns, assisting with scheduling)
- Create various self-directed programming kits for visitors to utilize and enjoy.
- Host end-of-year performance reviews/debriefs with assigned employees.
- Develop the programming booking systems on-site for guests to access upon check-in/check-out and throughout their stay.
- Tend to guest inquiries/concerns related to program offerings.
- Purchase & organize required weekly supplies according to the operating budget.
- Contribute to implementing all health & safety protocols on-site (as assigned).
- Ability to work non-traditional business hours (as required).
- Complete all grant paperwork promptly as requested.
- Assist in other duties as requested by the Summer Program Director.
- Experienced in program planning and staff management/supervision.
- Knowledgeable of camping equipment, maintenance, and outdoor skills.
- Training in accessibility & inclusion to meet all participants’ needs.
- Proven ability to provide direction and guidance to others as necessary.
- Ability to make decisions in high-stress situations.
- Current Standard First Aid & CPR (Level C).
- Embodies personal beliefs in keeping with the Mission, Principles & Practices of Scouts Canada.
- Demonstrated appropriate attitude, skills & knowledge for the position.
- Proven leadership, conflict resolution/mediation, and customer service skills.
- Superb oral and written communication skills.
- Completes Scouts Canada screening process including a clear Police Records Check with Vulnerable Sector Check.
- Willingness to work non-traditional hours, including weekends.
If you think you will make a great addition to the team, please complete our Online Application by May 14, 2021. Scouts Canada thanks you for taking the time to consider this position. Please understand that only individuals chosen for an interview will be contacted.
For more information about Camp Samac, go to http://wpc.scouts.ca/ca/camp-samac.