Program Director — Camp Adventureland
Reports To: Camp Director
Work Time: 35 hours per week, July 5th- August 30th
The Camp Adventureland Program Director is responsible for the management of the Camp Adventureland Summer Camp Program. With the common goal of enhancing camping experience for all guests, this role will support all employees on the programming and LIT staff teams; the successful candidate must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills with proven organizational abilities. The Camp Adventureland Program Director is the one of the designated supervisors on site; a clear commitment to the prescribed duties is imperative to a successful program operation.
- Assist Camp Director with selection and evaluation of all Program & LIT Staff.
- Assist in planning & implementation of staff training.
- Responsible for overseeing the usage of all program-related equipment on site.
- Provide feedback to the Camp Director at daily Senior Staff meetings.
- Assist in the set-up/take down of camp & turnover to various user groups.
- Contribute to day-to-day office operations (i.e. answering phone calls, tending to parent concerns, assisting with scheduling)
- Create various self-directed programming kits for visitors to utilize and enjoy.
- Host end-of-year performance reviews/debriefs with assigned employees.
- Develop the programming booking systems on-site for guests to access upon check-in/check-out and throughout their stay.
- Tend to guest inquiries/concerns related to program offerings.
- Purchase & organize required weekly supplies according to the operating budget.
- Contribute to implementing all health & safety protocols on-site (as assigned).
- Ability to work non-traditional business hours (as required).
- Complete all grant paperwork promptly as requested.
- Assist in other duties as requested by the Camp
- Experienced in program planning and staff management/supervision.
- Knowledgeable of camping equipment, maintenance, and outdoor skills.
- Training in accessibility & inclusion to meet all participants’ needs.
- Proven ability to provide direction and guidance to others as necessary.
- Ability to make decisions in high-stress situations.
- Current Standard First Aid & CPR (Level C).
- Embodies personal beliefs in keeping with the Mission, Principles & Practices of Scouts Canada.
- Demonstrated appropriate attitude, skills & knowledge for the position.
- Proven leadership, conflict resolution/mediation, and customer service skills.
- Superb oral and written communication skills.
- Completes Scouts Canada screening process including a clear Police Records Check with Vulnerable Sector Check.
- Willingness to work non-traditional hours, including weekends.
If you think you will make a great addition to the team, please complete our application by May 21, 2021. Scouts Canada thanks you for taking the time to consider this position. Please understand that only individuals chosen for an interview will be contacted.