Camp Samac Summer Program 2021
REPORTS TO: Program Coordinator
- One week of paid job training & program preparation (June 21 - 25)
- Ten weeks of full-time program delivery (June 28 - September 6)
- 35 hours per week (Monday-Friday or Wednesday - Sunday / Thursday - Monday schedule)
The Program Staff (2 positions) are responsible for the facilitation of outdoor adventure programming on property for guests. This staff team will be responsible for maintaining assigned equipment to ensure safe operation on site. The Program Staff will provide instruction to property users in various capacities (i.e., archery, ecology, orienteering, fire building, etc.). The Program Staff will monitor the booking schedule to ensure guests are able to access the designated equipment at assigned times. This position requires adaptability & an interest in supporting the Senior Staff with maximizing recreation on property while adhering to all provincial reopening guidelines and Public Health protocols.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordination & implementation of outdoor programming for guests in accordance with the sign-up schedule.
- Responsible for maintenance of programming equipment & resources.
- Participation & assistance in office duties and staff coverage as assigned.
- Weekly submission of any supply request forms to the Program Coordinators.
- Provide feedback to the Senior Staff at weekly staff meetings.
- Assist in the set-up/take down of camp & turnover to various user groups.
- Support the Senior Staff with the creation and maintenance of self-directed programming activity kits.
- Provide a final written report at conclusion of season highlighting successes and recommendations for change.
- Contribute to implementing all health & safety protocols on-site (as assigned).
- Complete all grant paperwork promptly as needed.
- Assist in other duties as requested by the Summer Program Director.
- Other duties as required.
- Minimum 16 years of age.
- Direct experience facilitating outdoor activities.
- Experienced in working in a camp environment.
- Training in accessibility & inclusion to meet all participants’ needs.
- Proven ability to provide direction to others as necessary.
- Ability to self-start and work collaboratively within a team.
- Current Standard First Aid & CPR (Level C).
- Embodies personal beliefs in keeping with the Mission, Principles & Practices of Scouts Canada.
- Proven leadership, teamwork, planning & administrative abilities.
- Strong communication & customer service skills.
- Completes Scouts Canada screening process including a clear Police Records Check with Vulnerable Sector Check.
If you think you will make a great addition to the team, please complete our Online Application by May 14, 2021. Scouts Canada thanks you for taking the time to consider this position. Please understand that only individuals chosen for an interview will be contacted.
For more information about Camp Samac, go to http://wpc.scouts.ca/ca/camp-samac.