A career at Scouts Canada is more than just a job, it’s an opportunity to make an impact. Your passion for making a difference combined with your experience in Project Coordination, together with an interest in youth leadership and education principles, will be used to help further Scouts Canada’s Mission of Helping to develop youth, better prepared for success in the world! We are seeking a Project Coordinator to join our team in our National Office in Ottawa, Ontario.
The Project Coordinator plans, executes, and delivers projects on time within budget and scope in accordance with business priorities. Throughout the lifecycle of each project, the Project Coordinator oversees all aspects of projects (i.e. budget, schedule, scope, issues and risks), sets deadlines, assigns responsibilities and prepares reports regarding status of project.
Reporting to the Director, Revenue Development, the Project Coordinator collaborates with key stakeholders including staff, volunteers, and external stakeholders.
Specifically, you will be responsible for:
- Coordinate key projects and initiatives that further Scouts Canada’s Mission;
- Coordinate the development of program concepts and program planning for funded programs;
- Create and manage project plans, charters, schedules, budgets, quality, communication, resource and risk management plans;
- Provide the direction required to meet the project objectives and commitments;
- Analyze and make decisions on projects, considering project benefits, scope, cost, schedule, and quality;
- Prepare reports regarding status of project;
- Ensure appropriate management of stakeholders throughout the project;
- Coordinate the design and development of program resources targeted at internal and external stakeholders;
- Work with key stakeholders to develop program materials and content;
- Oversee budget, track invoices and ensure funds spent adhere to contractual obligations;
- Manage documentation for auditing purposes;
- Work with third party contractors where necessary;
- Coordinate events across Canada to further extend program reach when applicable;
- Facilitate training sessions when applicable;
- Manage data, track key performance indicators and develop reports for internal and external stakeholders;
- Meet with internal and external stakeholders to deliver progress reports and presentations on program milestones and KPIs;
- Track and develop a repository of current partnerships;
- Assess potential opportunities to strengthen Scouts Canada’s resources;
- Other duties may be required.
What you bring to the table:
- Develops and coordinates project goals, targets, and plans to achieve it;
- Leverages internal and external subject matter experts to develop programming materials;
- Ability to translate organization vision into a project vision;
- Ability to provide information regarding tasks, plans, schedule, strategies and org structure to stakeholders;
- Ability to encourage and enable people to work together as a team to accomplish the project;
- Involve others in decisions to access information, generate ideas and build commitment;
- Knowledge of fundamental project management processes, methodologies and tools & techniques and ability to adapt them to organization;
- Knowledge of business purpose of the project and ability to make decisions within that context;
- Understanding of formal and informal organizational structures;
- Ability to negotiate win-win agreements;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to convey safety information in a positive and engaging manner.
- 3 to 5 years of relevant work experience in project/program coordination;
- Proficient with MS Office including Word, Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
- PMP Certification or working towards would be considered and asset
- Experience working in non-profits is an asset
We’ve got you covered:
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes a fabulous merchandise discount; an employer-matched retirement plan after one year; extended health, prescription, vision and dental coverage and more.
If this role excites you, we want to hear from you! Please take the time to tell us about yourself in a cover letter — we want to hear your story — your background, your accomplishments, and why this role is a good fit with your future career aspirations. We want to learn about you!
Please submit your application with both a Cover Letter and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than June 28, 2019.
Scouts Canada thanks you for taking the time to consider this position. Please understand that only individuals chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Scouts Canada encourages applications from all qualified candidates and has a great record of accommodating persons with disabilities. Contact Human Resources at 613-224-5134 ex 252 if you need accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information on our accommodation policies.