Property Operations Business Analyst — Ottawa, GTA
Do you want to be a part of the change you want to see in the world? At Scouts Canada our Vision is “Canadian youth making a meaningful contribution to creating a better world.” For more than 100 years, Scouts Canada has brought a world of adventure, outdoor experience, friendship and fun to 17 million Canadian youth and we need passionate people who share our Mission to develop well-rounded youth better prepared for success in the world.
Scouts Canada is seeking a Property Operations Business Analyst to join Property Operations Team, this position will report into one of our Service Centre’s located in either: Ottawa, or the GTA
Are you interested in using your creativity and business acumen to help properties forecast their operations and create business plans? Are you a detail-oriented individual who enjoys researching and complying with legislation and regulations? Do you have an appreciation, respect and comradery of working in a high functioning team with a shared workload and a common measurable vision and goals? Are you excited about working with a diverse group of volunteers? Do you think you have what it takes to become our next Property Operations Analyst? If you answered YES, we want to hear from you!
Reporting to the Director, Property Operations and as a key member of the Property Operations Team, you will be responsible for providing strategic and operational oversight into the day-to-day operations of properties to ensure they are operated in accordance with legislation, regulations and Scouts Canada’s strategic objectives.
Specifically, you will be responsible for:
Volunteer and Customer Engagement
- Assist property volunteers with adhering to the procedures and policies regarding Scouts Canada properties
- Engaging with property stakeholders to ensure all properties are compliant and have approved business plans
- Responsible for overseeing the development, monitoring and updating of business plans
- Overseeing all compliance and regulations requirements and initiatives including property inspections and safety practices
- Coordinate all compliance related matters, including inspections, contracted work and follow-ups. This will also include scheduling 3rd party contractors/companies and preparation of documents or materials as required.
- Producing regular property and compliance reporting including flagging and identifying concerns
- Assist with addressing audit observations (internal or regulatory) and ensure timely closure.
- Conduct regular follow-ups with camp teams to assess compliance, and report any issues identified to Management.
- Coordination and tracking of inspection reports and records
- Track and monitor success and completion of inspections and testing
- Develop compliance plans and execute against plan
Strategic Planning and Analysis
- Leading the development of fiscally responsible and feasible business plans
- Developing regular property and compliance reporting, ongoing analysis and recommendations
- Providing insight and recommendations on risks, standards, policies, processes and operational planning
- Ensure accuracy of data and ownership of timely reporting
- Examine, interpret, and report results of analytical initiatives
- Build, develop, and maintain data models, reporting systems, dashboards, and performance metrics to support key business decisions
Collaborating and supporting the Properties Team
- Support cross-functional projects using advanced data analysis techniques to discuss insights that will guide strategic discussions for the Property Operations team
- Providing updates, summaries and data pertaining to the progress and status of various national property initiatives
- File and collect data in the property database and appropriate internal files
- Support and assist other Property Operations staff
- Collaborating and working with all members of the Property Operations Team on tasks and projects to further enhance Scouts Canada’s mission, objectives and priorities
- Assisting with the implementation of new initiatives related to the Property Operations team portfolio
Education, Experience & Skills
- Post secondary education or equivalent industry experience
- 3-5 years experience with the development and management of business plans
- 2-3 years experience with data management
- Proven success working with volunteers
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to create relationships with a variety of stakeholders
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent attention to detail and organization skills
- Proven experience and commitment to excellent customer service practices
- Ability to work with minimal supervision is a fast paced environment
- Knowledge of Health Canada and Provincial Health and Safety Regulations would be an asset
- Experience with content management systems and/or databases
- Proficient with MS Office including Word, Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint
- Must role model values of Scouts Canada including the Child and Youth Safety program.
- PRC (Police Record Check) and VSS (Vulnerable Sector Check) required
- Irregular hours such as evening and weekend work may be required
- Mandatory training requirement
- Ability to work off site, on the road, frequent with minor discomfort.
- Sitting at a computer for extended periods of time
- The incumbent will be prepared to travel as required across Canada.
- The incumbent will be connected to an office environment in Toronto or Ottawa with flexible working hours
- Travel to some remote locations may be difficult and could be impacted by weather conditions.
- Attendance at National Conferences and functions as required (2-3 times annually)
- The incumbent may be required to conduct onsite visits to camp properties (outdoor/wilderness environments)
- Must possess a valid ‘G’ Driver’s License in the Province of Ontario and provide own vehicle.
- Mileage allowance will be provided, unless rental vehicle is determined to be the most effective means of transportation.
We’ve got you covered:
(For permanent positions only) We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes a fabulous merchandise discount; an employer-matched retirement plan after one year; extended health, prescription, vision and dental coverage and more.
Please submit your application (Cover Letter and Resume) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Scouts Canada thanks you for taking the time to consider this position. Please understand that only individuals chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Scouts Canada encourages applications from all qualified candidates and has a great record of accommodating persons with disabilities. Contact Human Resources at 613-224-5134 ex 252 if you need accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information on our accommodation policies.