Scouting Experience Logistics Coordinator
Group are the corner stone of Scouts Canada and their commissioners are key as they work hard to mentor Scouters, manage safety, drive program and open doors to youth joining their groups. The Group Commissioner Courses are held to give our GC’s the advanced skills they need to carry out our mission to help develop well rounded youth better prepared for success in the world.
Reporting directly to the Director, Scouting Experience (Program & Volunteer Services) and working closely with the Group Commissioner Orientation Program Manager, you will assist with the administration and planning of the courses including venue bookings, communication with our travel agent, extending invitations to Group Commissioners, preparing participant materials and other critical functions. Our courses take place in Ottawa and encompass volunteers from all over the country.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILTIES
Working in partnership with Council Key 3s and Regional Directors, supports achievement of organizational outcomes by;
- Gathering referrals from our council Staff and Volunteers
- Issuing invitations (by email) and course details to Group Commissioners
- Communicating with our Travel Agent so that they can book travel for participants
- Signing contracts with the bus company, hotel and training venue
- Arranging local travel, accommodations and classrooms
- Answering logistical questions from GC’s attending training
- Emailing Group Commissioner course feedback and needs to their home councils after training
- Completing mail outs of pre-course materials to participants
- Sending final numbers and participant details to venues before each course
- Assembling course materials
- Before each course, confirm all bookings
- Working with our Marketing and Communications team to prepare course materials
- Ensuring that supplies and materials are current and readily available
- Other duties as assigned
- Member Focus – Demonstrates commitment to increasing member satisfaction, assumes responsibility for solving problems, ensures commitments to members are met, solicits organizational and personal performance feedback from members.
- Integrity/Ethics – Deals with others in a straightforward and honest manner, maintains confidentiality and supports company value
- Dependability – Meets commitments, accepts accountability, stays focused under pressure and meets attendance/punctuality requirements
- Teamwork – Meets all team deadlines and responsibilities, listens to others and values opinions, helps team leader to meet goals, welcomes newcomers and promotes a team atmosphere
- Job knowledge – Understands duties and responsibilities, has necessary job knowledge and technical skills, understands Scouts Canada’s mission/vision and keeps job knowledge current
Job Specific Competencies
Proven success in the following job competencies:
- A people person with high energy and a passion for motivating people and enabling volunteers
- Initiative; anticipate needs, devise solutions and achieve results with and through people
- Outstanding written & oral communications
- Excellent planning, organizational and problem-solving skill
- Post-Secondary education in business studies and/or administration
- 2 years experience in administration or business logistics role
- Experience in working with volunteers
- Experience in reviewing contracts, tracking invoices and payments, and submitting extensive expenses.
- Must have a valid driver’s licence
- Organized and a self-starter
- Works in an office environment
- Occasional driving (transporting course materials to and from venue)
- Regular working hours – overtime hours and/or non-traditional (evenings and weekends) may be required
- Sitting for extended periods of time
- Light to moderate lifting (boxes of course materials, binders, etc)
If this role excites you, we want to hear from you! Please take the time to tell us about yourself in a cover letter — we want to hear your story — your background, your accomplishments, and why this role is a good fit with your future career aspirations. We want to learn about you!
Please submit your application (Cover Letter and Resume) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Scouts Canada thanks you for taking the time to consider this position. Please understand that only individuals chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Scouts Canada encourages applications from all qualified candidates and has a great record of accommodating persons with disabilities. Contact Human Resources at 613-224-5134 ex 252 if you need accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information on our accommodation policies.