Camp Samac Summer Program 2021
REPORTS TO: Camp Warden
- Temporary part-time position (20 hours per week)
- Beginning May 17, 2021 until September 24, 2021
Our Summer Rangers (4 positions) will be responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of camp sites, assisting with general repairs & infrastructure improvement under the guidance & direction of the Camp Rangers. Our Summer Rangers will also be asked to help facilitate safe & enjoyable visits for guests in a manner that meets COVID-19 safety controls in conjunction with the rest of our Summer Staff.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Be an effective role model to campers & colleagues:
- Living the vision, mission, & values of Scouts Canada.
- Compliance with all rules, regulations, & property safety procedures.
- Appropriate communication & interactions prior to, during, & after camp visits.
- Maintaining a clean & safe work environment, & general behaviour throughout the employment period.
- Notify the Camp Warden of any concerns as they arise.
- Aid guests with following COVID-19 safety controls during their visit & facilitate safe check-in & check-out procedures while always acting in a safe manner in accordance with COVID-19 Health & Safety training.
- Performing routine maintenance duties such as (but not limited to) cleaning of buildings, washrooms, & program areas.
- Assist in providing maintenance services for buildings & campsites including (but not limited to) the care of all surfaces & service facilities; painting, basic carpentry, minor repairs, & other duties as reasonably assigned.
- Assist in outside maintenance of grounds, gardens, & parking lots, including grass-cutting, trimming, raking, & clearing brush, while always acting in a safe manner.
- Assist with the orderly & secure storage of equipment & tools.
- Promptly complete wage subsidy paperwork as requested.
- Other duties as required.
- Between 16-30 years of age.*
- Possesses Standard First Aid & CPR Certification.
- Basic carpentry skills & ability to operate hand tools; general knowledge of maintenance procedures.
- Capable of lifting up to 15kg (30lbs) safely & standing for extended periods of time.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS & SKILLS:
- Completes Scouts Canada screening process including a clear Police Records Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening.
- Excellent organizational, communication, & time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to follow instructions & meet assigned deadlines.
- Customer-service oriented.
- Proven ability to work both independently & in a team atmosphere.
- Must wear closed toed shoes & have a pair of steel-toed shoes/boots for use.
If you believe you will make a great addition to the team, please send your cover letter & résumé to our hiring team (email@example.com).
Scouts Canada thanks you for taking the time to consider this position. Please understand that only individuals chosen for an interview will be contacted.
*Note: These positions will be funded by the Canada Summer Jobs program offered by the Government of Canada. Only applicants 30 or younger qualify for this subsidy.