Do you want to be a part of the change you want to see in the world? At Scouts Canada our Vision is “Canadian youth making a meaningful contribution to creating a better world.” We need passionate individuals who share our Mission to develop well-rounded youth better prepared for success in the world.
We are currently seeking a Systems Administrator to join our Information Technology team! If you are interested in joining a fun, flexible and fast paced opportunity in the non-profit sector, this could be the right opportunity for you! The right candidate will be a self-starter, who enjoys a challenging and fulfilling work environment!
Reporting directly to the IT Team lead, you will be responsible for the maintenance, configuration, and reliable operation of computer systems and servers. Installing hardware and software, participating in reach to continuously improve, and keeping up to date with the IT business needs of the organization. The System Administrator will actively resolve problems and issues with the computer and work with Scouts Managed Server Provider or MSP to resolve server issues to limit work disruptions.
This role will be remote from your home office and can be located anywhere in Canada.
Specifically, you will be responsible for the following:
- BitDefender and associated apps working with vendors
- Setup, configuration, and standardization of end-point devices, including but not limited to, workstations, laptops, smartphones, printers, and peripherals
- Responsible for maintenance, configuration, and reliable operation of computer systems, and network servers
- Installing, configuring, and supporting the client component of a variety of approved hardware and applications
- Resolving user technical issues and service requests in a timely manner
- Logging all support requests and follow up detail into an internal ticketing system
- Manage user accounts and hardware inventory
- Troubleshoot hardware and software errors by running diagnostics, documenting problems and resolutions, prioritizing problems, and assessing the impact of the issues.
- Work with IT Support Analyst on desktop and helpdesk support efforts, making sure all desktop applications, workstations, and related equipment problems are resolved promptly with limited disruptions
- Support 3rd party application relationships with various vendors
- Research and advise administration of new technologies
- Design and develop solutions to complex applications problems, system administration issues, or network concerns.
- Perform systems management of enterprise Customer Relationship Management or CRM system and perform integration functions
- Perform other duties as assigned
Job Specific Competencies
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills to provide the highest level of support on technical issues to end users.
- Strong diagnostic and analytical skills
- Strong team player and the ability to work independently
Education, Experience, & Skills
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, System Administration, or a closely related field
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in similar roles
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong customer service, organization, planning and execution skills
- Ability to build relationships across a variety of levels in the organization
- PC and laptop hardware troubleshooting experience
- Strong knowledge of systems, hardware, and protocols
- Knowledge of Scouts Canada, the Scouting program and its operation is an asset.
- Works in a home-office environment
- Traditional working hours with some non-traditional working hours including evenings and weekends will be required
- PRC (Police Record Check) and VSS (Vulnerable Sector Check) required
- Mandatory training requirement
- Mandatory Vaccination Requirement, subject to the employer’s duty to accommodate under applicable human rights legislation
We’ve got you covered:
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes a fabulous merchandise discount; an employer-matched retirement plan after one year; extended health, prescription, vision, and dental coverage and more.
If this role excites you, we want to hear from you! Please take the time to tell us about yourself in a cover letter — we want to hear your story — your background, your accomplishments, and why this role is a good fit with your future career aspirations. We want to learn about you! Please submit your application by August 21, 2022.
Please submit your application (Cover Letter and Resume) by clicking here.
Scouts Canada thanks you for taking the time to consider this position. Please understand that only individuals chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Scouts Canada encourages applications from all qualified candidates and has a great record of accommodating persons with disabilities. Contact Human Resources at 613-224-5134 ex 252 if you need accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information on our accommodation policies.
Ready to Apply?
If this role excites you, we want to hear from you! Please take the time to tell us about yourself in a cover letter — we want to hear your story — your background, your accomplishments, and why this role is a good fit with your future career aspirations. We want to learn about you!!
Please submit your application by August 21, 2022.