Camp Samac Summer Program 2021
REPORTS TO: Program Coordinator
- One week of paid job training & program preparation (June 21 - 25)
- Ten weeks of full-time program delivery (June 28 - September 6)
- 35 hours per week (Monday-Friday or Wednesday - Sunday / Thursday - Monday schedule)
The Waterfront Staff (4 positions) are responsible for the supervision of the property’s waterfront. This staff team will be responsible for maintaining the equipment to ensure safe operation of this program. The Waterfront Staff will provide instruction to property users on paddling techniques and waterfront safety. The Waterfront Staff will oversee the booking schedule to ensure guests are able to access the designated equipment at assigned times. This position requires adaptability & an interest in supporting the Senior Staff in incorporating more of the Canadian Path principles into the Summer Camp Program.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordination & implementation of the Waterfront program for all guests in accordance with the sign-up schedule.
- Responsible for maintenance of the Waterfront Centre, equipment & resources.
- Participation & assistance in office duties and staff coverage as assigned.
- Weekly submission of any supply request forms to the Program Coordinators.
- Provide feedback to the Summer Program Director at weekly staff meetings.
- Assist in the set-up/take down of camp & turnover to various user groups.
- Provide a final written report at conclusion of season highlighting successes and recommendations for change.
- Contribute to implementing all health & safety protocols on-site (as assigned).
- Complete all grant paperwork promptly as needed.
- Assist in other duties as requested by the Summer Program Director.
- Other duties as required.
- Minimum 16 years of age.
- Possesses current National Lifeguard Service (NLS) certificate.
- Direct experience supervising water-based activities (i.e., lifeguarding, swimming instruction).
- Experienced in working in a camp environment.
- Training in accessibility & inclusion to meet all participants’ needs at the Waterfront Centre.
- Proven ability to provide direction to others as necessary.
- Ability to self-start and work collaboratively within a team.
- Current Standard First Aid & CPR (Level C).
- Embodies personal beliefs in keeping with the Mission, Principles & Practices of Scouts Canada.
- Proven leadership, teamwork, planning & administrative abilities.
- Strong communication & customer service skills.
- Completes Scouts Canada screening process including a clear Police Records Check with Vulnerable Sector Check.
If you think you will make a great addition to the team, please complete our Online Application by May 14, 2021. Scouts Canada thanks you for taking the time to consider this position. Please understand that only individuals chosen for an interview will be contacted.
For more information about Camp Samac, go to http://wpc.scouts.ca/ca/camp-samac.