Program Staff / Camp Counsellors — Camp McLean (Langley, BC)
This position is anticipated to begin on-site on June 27th and will work full-time hours (35 hours per week), for an 8 week commitment, until August 19, 2022. Further information regarding mandatory training dates & the official start date will be confirmed in the onboarding process.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Develop weekly programs and supervision of participants.
- Responsible for implementation of inclusive day-to-day program for their campers.
- Encourage adventure enjoyment and development of new skills and interests.
- Support the senior staff in incorporating more of the Canadian Path principles into the program.
- Work as part of a two person team in a 1 to 6 ratio (12 campers).
- Work together to instruct participants in various outdoor skills.
- Assist other staff in the organization and supervision of special events.
- Responsible for the safety and care of each camper, as well as written and follow-up with National Safe Scouting department, if required.
- Ensure all COVID safety protocols are met, including cleanliness and sanitizing of program areas and equipment.
- Responsible for the maintenance of camp equipment and supplies.
- Foster an atmosphere of fun and create those cherished (at camp) memories for everyone.
- Strong Interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work within a Team Environment.
- Good problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Understanding of Scouts Canada’s practices.
- Enthusiastic and energetic.
- Clear Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Search or willing to obtain one (n/a to applicants under the age of 18).
- Successful applicants will be required to complete the Scouts Canada Screening and Training requirements.
- Valid First Aid and CPR Certification.
- Attaining a valid Food Safe certification.
- Previous experience working with youth would be an asset.
This is a contract position and a total salary, commensurate with skill and experience, will be established for the contract period.
For your safety & the safety of others, all Scouts Canada employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment (unless they have a valid exemption). Declaration of vaccination status will be requested upon hire in addition to a clean Police Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening. Individuals requesting an exemption can do so by notifying the hiring manager.
If you think you will make a great addition to the team, please complete our Online Application: https://forms.office.com/r/SybSTfWDJ6
Scouts Canada, thanks you for taking the time to consider this position. Please understand that only individuals chosen for an interview will be contacted.