Summer Camp — Camp Opemikon
In collaboration with the Camp Director, the Resource Coordinator is responsible for the delivery of all resource duties related to Waterfront, Rocks & Ropes, Equipment, Kitchen and Maintenance. This position will also work closely with the Administrator/Activities Coordinator and Inclusion Staff.
- 40 Pre-Camp hours devoted to supporting staff hiring & program promotion (February-April)
- Part-time hours beginning May 1 to develop staff training model (minimum 10 hours per week)
- Two weekends of Pre-Camp Training (May 11 & June 1)
- Seven Weeks of full-time Program Preparation & Delivery (June 24-Aug 10)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for coordinating all aspects of waterfront team, including planning activities and required materials.
- Responsible for coordinating all aspects of equipment and maintenance, including planning schedules and required materials for weekly out-trips.
- Responsible for coordinating with kitchen staff to ensure food orders are placed on time, weekly inventories are completed and daily/weekly kitchen clean-up and maintenance is being done.
- Responsible for coordinating with Rocks & Ropes staff, including planning schedules and required materials.
- Assist in handling disciplinary concerns involving Resource area participants according to progressive discipline principles.
- Organize and collect evaluations, and debrief 1:1 with all participants.
- Submit weekly supply requests to Camp Director.
- Provide feedback to the Camp Director at weekly Senior Staff meetings.
- Assist in the set-up/take down of camp & weekly turnover.
- Other duties as required.
- Minimum 18 years of age; 21 years of age preferred.
- Experienced in rules and regulations of waterfront, as well as programming for all age of youth (5 to 16)
- Experienced in rules and regulations of kitchen operations.
- Experienced in equipment operations and general maintenance of camp facilities.
- Experienced in rules & regulations of challenge course operations.
- Training in accessibility & inclusion to meet all participants’ needs.
- Proven ability to provide direction to others as necessary.
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively in a close partnership for the duration of the contract.
- Current Standard First Aid & CPR (Level C).
- Embodies personal beliefs in keeping with the Mission, Principles & Practices of Scouts Canada.
- Demonstrated appropriate attitude, skills & knowledge for the position.
- Proven leadership, teamwork, planning & administrative abilities.
- Strong communication & customer service skills.
- Completes Scouts Canada screening process including a clear Police Records Check, with Vulnerable Sector Check.
- Willingness to complete all necessary training, including additional Pre-Camp Training if deemed necessary.
- Willingness to work non-traditional hours.
For more information about Camp Opemikon Summer Programs, go to http://voy.scouts.ca/ca/camp-opemikon-summer-programs.
If you think you will make a great addition to the team, please complete our Application by January 31st, 2019. Scouts Canada thanks you for taking the time to consider this position. Please understand that only individuals chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Scouts Canada encourages applications from all qualified candidates and has a great record of accommodating persons with disabilities. Contact us if you need accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information on our accommodation policies.