Senior Program Coordinator
Summer Camp — Camp Opemikon
The Senior Programs Coordinator (1 position) is responsible for the development & delivery of the Troop Outdoor Skills, Survival, Outdoor Survival Leadership & Counsellor-in-Training (CIT) programs, including all program content, related activities & program participants. This position is also responsible for all equipment, supplies & services necessary for the operation of said programs. This person must possess strong leadership skills & be passionate about working with adolescents (aged 12-16 years). This position requires adaptability & an interest in supporting the Senior Staff team in incorporating more of the Canadian Path principles into the Summer Camp Program.
- 40 Pre-Camp hours devoted to supporting staff hiring & program promotion (February-April)
- Part-time hours beginning May 1 to develop staff training model (minimum 10 hours per week)
- Two weekends of pre-camp training (May 11th, June 1st)
- Seven weeks of full-time program & delivery (June 24-August 10)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for coordinating all aspects of the Senior programs, including planning activities and required materials.
- Responsible for all equipment used in the assigned programs.
- Assist in handling disciplinary concerns involving Senior Programs participants according to progressive discipline principles
- Organize and collect evaluations, and debrief 1:1 with all participants
- Submit weekly supply requests to Equipment Manager and Camp Director
- Provide feedback to the Camp Director at weekly Senior Staff meetings.
- Assist in the set-up/take down of camp & weekly turnover
- Other duties as required.
- Minimum 18 years of age; 21 years of age preferred
- Experienced in developing and supervising leadership programming for adolescents.
- Experienced in working with teenaged youth; comfortable supporting youth with sensitive matters.
- Training in accessibility & inclusion to meet all participants’ needs.
- Proven ability to provide direction to others as necessary.
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively in a close partnership for the duration of the contract.
- Current Standard First Aid & CPR (Level C).
- Embodies personal beliefs in keeping with the Mission, principles & Practices of Scouts Canada.
- Demonstrated appropriate attitude, skills & knowledge of the position.
- Proven leadership, teamwork, planning & administrative abilities.
- Strong communication & customer service skills.
- Completes Scouts Canada screening process including a clear Police Records Check, with Vulnerable Sector Check.
- Willingness to complete all necessary training, including additional Pre-Camp Training if deemed necessary.
- Willingness to work non-traditional hours.
For more information about Camp Opemikon Summer Programs, go to http://voy.scouts.ca/ca/camp-opemikon-summer-programs.
If you think you will make a great addition to the team, please complete our Application by January 31st, 2019. Scouts Canada thanks you for taking the time to consider this position. Please understand that only individuals chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Scouts Canada encourages applications from all qualified candidates and has a great record of accommodating persons with disabilities. Contact us if you need accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information on our accommodation policies.