Virtual Camp Counsellor
- One week of Pre-Camp Training (June 29-July 3)
- Seven weeks of full-time Program Preparation & Delivery (35 hours per week; July 6-August 21)
- Flexible working hours
The Virtual Camp Counsellors are responsible for the implementation of the online Summer Camp Program for campers, encouraging adventure, enjoyment, and the development of new skills and interests. Virtual Camp Counsellors are responsible for developing weekly programs for participants aged 8-16 years. This position requires a passion for working with youth and an interest in supporting Scouts Canada deliver an engaging virtual model.
- Develop creative, age-appropriate activities for youth to participate in online, based on a weekly theme.
- Facilitate live virtual activities for an assigned camper group twice daily.
- Prepare "recommended supply lists" for each session to share with registrants.
- Monitor the online safety and care of each camper in the assigned group.
- Address any challenging camper behaviour with emotional maturity.
- Follow-up with the Camp Director regarding any concerns related to youth digital citizenship.
- Write up and follow up on all Incident Reports required.
- Support the professional development of Counsellors-in-Training (CIT).
- Attend virtual staff meetings as scheduled.
- Promptly complete wage subsidy paperwork as requested.
- Other duties as required.
- Between 16-30 years of age.*
- Availability to lead two one-hour live sessions daily.
- Proven experience planning engaging programming for children (aged 8-16 years).
- Capable to perform basic computer/web skills & access to reliable technology (i.e., device, WiFi).
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS & SKILLS:
- Completes Scouts Canada screening process including a clear Police Records Check, with Vulnerable Sector Screening.
- Familiarity with Scouts Canada's Outdoor Adventure Skills (OAS) is preferred.
- Ability to work with a variety of workstyles among young adults.
- Embodies personal beliefs in keeping with the Mission, Principles & Practices of Scouts Canada.
- Demonstrated appropriate attitude, skills & knowledge for the position.
- Strong communication skills with an interest in developing personal leadership abilities.
- Values constructive feedback and opportunities for professional growth.
- Willingness to complete all training deemed necessary.
If you believe you will make a great addition to the team, please send your cover letter & resume to our hiring team (firstname.lastname@example.org). Scouts Canada thanks you for taking the time to consider this position. Please understand that only individuals chosen for an interview will be contacted.
*Note: These positions will be funded by the Canada Summer Jobs program offered by the Government of Canada. Only applicants 30 or younger qualify for this subsidy.
Virtual Camp Counsellor Description
Ready to apply? Please take the time to tell us about yourself in a cover letter — we want to hear your story — your background, your accomplishments, and why this role is a good fit with your future career aspirations.
SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION