Hello, My name is Daniel Lei, I am currently a GSS of Shining Waters Council. My Council Commissioner Kit Cheng has recommended me to be nominated as the SWC Council Voting Rep. Yesterday, I had a good discuss with Scouter Kit Cheng and he has supported and recommended me to get nominated to this position.
To introduce myself, here is a brief history of my Scouting career:
- I was a founding member of 333rd Markham Scout Group, Markham, Ontario in 2003. The 333rd Markham has been around for 17 years. I have been volunteering in this Group for 17 years;
- At 333rd Markham,
- In the beginning of my Scouting years, I have worked as Contact Colony Scouter for 9 years at 333rd Markham,
- Then I have helped the Group to setup the Rover Crew in 2012,
- I have been working in 333rd Markham as Contact Crew Scouter for the last 8 years,
- I have also been in-charge of many camps and activities at 333rd Markham,
- I have been acting Group Commissioner during the absence of my GC at 333rd Markham
- In the Council involvements, I have been working in the capacity of
- GSS, SWC – 1 year till now
- Area Commissioner of YHW Area – One Year until the position was changed
- Deputy Area Commissioner of YHW Area – Group Support Lead for 3 years
- Deputy Area Commissioner of YHW Area – Group Support for 2.5 years
- Assistant Area Commissioner of YHW Area – Special Event for 2 years
- Trainer of SWC – 12 years
- I have attended many Council / Area Events including camps, fun days and many other activities
- I have completed Woodbadge I and II. Also completed Canadian Path WoodBadge I online. I have also completed Trainer Development I (TD1) when it was still available. And countless other trainings and sharing workshops.
In my day job, I am an IT Manager looking after a team of programmers and in charge of Business Applications in my company. I have been a project manager as well as people manager in my work career for more than 15 years. The above are just a brief introduction of myself.