The New Brunswick Pioneer Award will be awarded annually to the Scout Troop or Venturer Company which carries out the most adventurous and innovative outdoor Scouting adventure during the previous year.
Criteria for the Award
- The adventure may take place at any time during a “Scouting Year” (between September 1 and August 31).
- The adventure must be of at least three days’ duration.
- The adventure must take place mostly outdoors.
- The adventure should be original and innovative.
- The adventure should be enterprising.
- The adventure should emphasize proficiency in outdoor skills (i.e. camping, hiking, canoeing, cycling, backpacking, etc.)
- Good camping standards must be maintained
- A significant percentage of the Troop or Company should take part.
- The Scouts or Venturer Scouts must be involved in planning the adventure.
- The Scouts or Venturer Scouts should have a positive reaction to the adventure.