Properties was incorporated in 1979 under the name “Boy Scouts of Canada Provincial Council of Newfoundland and Labrador”. It is a corporation without share capital incorporated under the laws of Newfoundland and Labrador. Corporations without share capital are often called non-profit corporations. A copy of the by-law is accessible here.
Properties is governed designated members of the Council Management Team. Those members elect the directors of Properties. The directors set policy for Properties and elect officers to manage its operations. The selection process is outlined in By-law No. 1.
All corporations have a by-law which sets out general management and operational principles. Properties current governance by-law, By-law No. 1, was enacted in 2017. By-law No. 1 sets the general governance principles for the corporation. The members of the corporation referred to in the by-law are the members entitled to vote at its meetings.
As of December 15, 2019, the following individuals are Properties’ members because they hold designated positions on the Council Management Team:
- Council Commissioner – Stephen Loney
- Council Youth Commissioner – Joel Hatcher
- Deputy Council Commissioners
- Andrea Cook, Safe Scouting and Scouting for All
- Paul Price, Properties and Physical Program Assets
- Gareth Rowberry, Scouter Development and Mentorship
- Kelly Foss, MARCOM and On-line Engagement
- Viki White, Program Quality and Scouter Support
As of December 15, 2019, the members of Properties elected the following individuals as directors:
- Joel Hatcher
- Stephen Loney
- Paul Price
- Viki White
- Charles Cook
As of December 15, 2019, the directors elected the following individuals as the officers of Properties:
- Stephen Loney, President
- Joel Hatcher, Vice President
- Charles Cook, Treasurer
- Chris Pike, Secretary