Scouters, Parents/Guardians & Participants:
Unfortunately, we must respond to today's announcement by the CMOH regarding the outbreak in the Central Health Region. We will continue our commitment to act prudently to reduce the spread of COVID-19, keeping our members and our communities safe, while offering the best program we can.
In line with current Public Health Orders, all Scouting within the Central Health Region (excluding Fogo Island) will move to Stage 1 of our Return to Scouting Plan: Virtual Scouting Only, effective immediately. This will affect 1st United, Gander and 4th Grand Falls. Other groups should not be traveling to this area, and any participants who have recently traveled to this area should refrain from participating for two weeks. All other health regions in Newfoundland & Labrador will remain in a modified Stage 4 of the Return to Scouting Plan, Indoor & Outdoor Activity.
Under Stage 1 you can expect:
- Virtual Scouting Only
- Online gatherings have an unlimited capacity, but must comply with the 2-Scouter Rule.
- For the Great 8 Challenges, please refer to the Scouter Guide for guidance on facilitating the challenges virtually.
Under the modified Stage 4 you can expect:
- Size of gatherings limited to 50 people (or 50% of capacity for indoor activities). There is no limit to the number of youth within the 50.
- Indoor and Outdoor activites permitted. Outdoors is recommended.
- Masks are required at all times for all indoor activities and are recommended when outdoors.
- Patrols (cohorts) of 8 or fewer youth. Physical distancing should be maintained as much as possible.
- Overnight Camping will be permitted for Scouts, Venturers, and Rovers using Stage 3 Standards.
- No joint activities or camps are permitted with youth from different Groups.
We will continue to watch the COVID-19 situation closely and will respond quickly as needed.
The current status of our Health Regions can be found in the table above.
Yours In Scouting,
Council Youth Commissioner
Scouting Relationship Manager