Scouters, Parents/Guardians & Participants:
We have great news to share today as Dr. Fitzgerald announced the whole province will move to Alert Level 2 this weekend! We will continue our commitment to act prudently to reduce the spread of COVID-19, keeping our members and our communities safe, while offering the best program we can.
As announced today, all health regions in Newfoundland & Labrador will move to Alert Level 2 this weekend. As such, all Scouting in our Council will move to a modified Stage 4 of the Return to Scouting Plan, Indoor & Outdoor Activity, effective Saturday, March 27, 2021.
Under the modified Stage 4 you can expect:
- Size of gatherings limited to 50 people (or 50% of capacity for indoor activities). There is no limit to the number of youth.
- Indoor and Outdoor activites permitted. Outdoors is strongly recommended.
- Masks are required at all times for all indoor activities and are strongly recommended when outdoors.
- Patrols (cohorts) of 8 or fewer youth. Physical distancing should be maintained as much as possible.
- Overnight Camping will be permitted for Scouts, Venturers, and Rovers using Stage 3 Standards.
- No joint activities or camps are permitted with youth from different Groups.
We'd like to thank you, parents and guardians, for sticking with us through the last two months, and a huge thank you goes to our amazing Scouters who were able to quickly pivot and offer quality virtual programming for our youth. There's still 8 months left to this Scouting Year, most of it with our best weather, so let's get outdoors and get Scouting!
We will continue to watch the COVID-19 situation closely and will respond quickly as needed.
The current status of our Health Regions can be found in the table above.
Yours In Scouting,
Council Youth Commissioner
Scouting Relationship Manager