GROUP COMMISSIONER - 1st Cowan Heights
Group Commissioners are the central point of contact between the council and groups. They help Newfoundland and Labrador section scouters and ensure that groups have strong plans with regards to outdoor adventure, gear, finances, and safety.
We are currently seeking expressions of interest in the Group Commissioner position for 1st Cowan Heights.
As our front-line Volunteer managers, Group Commissioners have a critical role in building a healthy and vibrant Scouting movement in Canada – while being the visible ambassador of Scouts Canada within their community. This position is open to Youth and Adults, ages 14+.
In Summary, the Group Commissioner:
- Leads the group to positively impacting our Scouting Vision and Mission through membership growth
- Role models and leads a positive culture that encourages safety first, risk management, sustainable growth, program quality and group health
- Is committed to Scouts Canada’s program—the Canadian Path—that integrates the Four Key Elements: Adventure, Plan-Do-Review, SPICES and Youth-led
- Ensures Scouts Canada’s Volunteer Support Strategy is implemented to all Scouters within the Group and that members (volunteers and youth participants) feel supported, recognized and rewarded for their contributions.
- Works directly with a Groups Support Scouter (GSS) and/or Relationship Manager (RM) who acts as their single point of contact for support – making it easier for Groups to get help where and when they need it to be successful.
Time required is approximately 10-15 hours monthly, plus 2-3 weekends per year. Online training and a 4-day Orientation in Ottawa provided (when it becomes safe to do so).
For the extended Job Description, click here. The deadline to apply is December 1, 2020.
Please contact email@example.com for more info!