Plan to attend:
Powerscourt Fall Camporee
October 14th, 15th and 16th, 2022
An event organized for
Beaver Scouts, Cub Scouts, Scouts and Venturer Scouts
Come for one or two nights, or for Saturday’s activities.
To be held at
Dunn Memorial Camp
2572, 1st Concession, Elgin, Quebec, Canada, J0S 2E0
(The Powerscourt Bridge clearance is 6’ 6”)
Registration: $5.00 per person (youth and adults) to cover program, crest and
Camping fee is $40.00 per night per site.
Register your group with your name, group name, number of participants: youth
and adult before October 7th, 2022, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sites will be
allocated upon your arrival at camp base on the size of your group.
Evening arrival and camp set-up
8:00 a.m. Opening
10:00 a.m. Registration at the Main Shelter
1:00 p.m. Games begin
4:00 p.m. Games end
7:00 p.m. Investiture Ceremony led by Venturers (for those who wish; bring your own scarves)
8:00 p.m. Campfire at the Amphitheatre
9:00 a.m. Travois Race
10:30 a.m. Scouts Own and closing
This camp has been planned with some activities and spare time to be able to practice good camping skills,
discover Dunn Memorial Camp and simply enjoy the nature.
All participants are expected to conduct them in a manner in keeping with good Scouting. Two up
leadership and youth protection in accordance with Scouts Canada is expected. No cutting of live trees,
branches, etc. Firewood is available and to prevent the spread of disease and bug infestation, do not bring
firewood with you. If you are camping, bring your camping gear, cooking gear and food. Everyone must
bring drinking and cooking water. Each group is responsible for their own adventure application form. Site
must be left clean upon departure.
At least one scouter per group is expected to help run a game.
Uniform is to be worn for opening, closing and investiture ceremonies.
For information Contact
All games are adjusted to section.
1. Fire lighting: build a fire under a string. When the string is burnt through, the game is complete.
2. Raising the pole: raise a pole inside a 30-foot circle without any members entering the circle.
Using three ropes; raise the pole to an upright position in the center of the circle. The pole must remain up right
for 10 seconds.
3. Found in the forest: the team members must identify: trees by their leaves, animals by their tracks, birds by
4. Compass: follow bearing to uncover a code.
5. Good camping: identify the improvements that need to be made.
6. Frisbee throw: each member will throw to hit a target.
7. Lacrosse throw. each member will have 3 throws to get the balls into a basket
More may be added.