We sent a notice on December 22, 2021, regarding the B.C. Ministry of Health increased restrictions on gatherings in various settings, and how they affect Scout meetings.
Now that we are back from holidays, the CK3 has connected with the health authorities and have confirmed that the current restrictions in place DO NOT affect programs for children and youth. Furthermore, facilities like swimming pools are open for youth programming.
What does this mean for Scout meetings and overnight camps?
- Scout groups are permitted to meet indoors (with a restriction of 50% facility capacity).
- If swimming or going to an indoor gym, please contact the facility for their protocols.
- Masks must always be worn during indoor activities.
- There are no restrictions for outdoor organized youth programs.
- Continue to sanitize and reduce physical contact
- Scout members 12 and older must be vaccinated to participate in-person.
- Scout Groups are permitted to camp overnight following these guidelines: Cascadia Overnight Camping Plan
- Note: Overnight Camping for Youth guidelines were NOT part of the updated restrictions.
- Regional restrictions are in place for Northern Health
Although indoor meetings for youth programming is permitted, we understand that some Groups/Sections may not be comfortable with indoor activities. We encourage adjusting your plans/schedules to incorporate outdoor activities, or virtual meetings.
We have a TON of virtual meeting ideas and resources - check out the webpage to explore all the fun opportunities!
Please note that Cascadia continues to operate under Scouts Canada Pandemic Program Modifications of Stage 5 which directs Scout Groups to follow local, regional, and provincial health and safety measures.
If you have questions or concerns, please reach out to your Group Relationship Manager. Their contact information is listed on your Scout Group home page on MyScouts.
We continue to monitor the evolving situation with our public health authorities and will provide updates when necessary.
Stay safe and keep on Scouting!