On March 10, the PHO announced that the Overnight Camps for Children or Youth order is lifted, effective immediately. Among other things, this means that COVID-19 Safety Plans no longer need to be developed for submission to the medical health officer. Camps may return to regular capacities for dining, accommodation, indoor activities, singing, and transportation. Scout Groups can resume planning camps following our BP&P.
Although proof of vaccination is no longer required starting April 8, 2022, in British Columbia – Scouts Canada Board of Governors’ vaccine mandate for SC members remains in effect. The BoG will continue to monitor the status across Canada and will provide appropriate updates in the future. If any volunteers or parents have concerns to share, please email board members directly: email@example.com.
Given the easing of restrictions, we would like to gently remind everyone that Cascadia Council continues to operate in Stage 5 of the Pandemic Program and Modification Standards. What does this mean for Scouting?
- No capacity restrictions for meetings indoors or outdoors.
- Masks are no longer required in indoor spaces. Please beware of the following when travelling or visiting other establishments:
- Masks are encouraged on public transit and BC Ferries, but not required.
- Individual businesses and event organizers can choose to continue requiring masks on their premises
- MAAF and ERPs are still required for every meeting.
- Camping and shared equipment resume as normal (refer to BP&P).
We continue to recognize that comfort levels may vary, and we encourage all Group Commissioners to have a conversation with your team to determine what is best for your sections and community.
Lastly, thank you to all the youth, parents and scouters for your patience as we continue to navigate these fluid and uncertain times. We appreciate all that you do for the youth in Scouting and the community, and for your teams! Your hard work and diligence in planning adventures for youth will have a lasting effect.
Thank you for being awesome – onward and upward!
Jennifer Hannah - Council Commissioner
Alex Longo - Council Relationship Manager
(current recruiting) - Council Youth Commissioner