Novel Coronavirus Update — March 31, 2020
Scouts Canada continues to monitor daily developments with the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19). Following the advice from pertinent provincial and federal governments and health agencies, most Scouting activities are cancelled until at least May 4th.
Scouts Canada has shifted to providing online and at home activities while adhering to social distancing directives. Check out Scouting at Home or visit our social media channels (@scoutscanada) to keep up to date on how the community is coming together and keeping engaged.
We recognize that a change to online and at home activities does create a vulnerability for some children especially those in difficult or at-risk living conditions. In line with our safety culture and values, Scouts Canada continues to prioritize safety and offers support by providing access to various experts and resources. We encourage kids to reach out to Kids Help Phone (1-800-668-6868) for 24/7 counselling. You can also visit Cybertip.ca for best practices on internet safety or review Scouts Canada’s Safety Tips on cyber safety and social media.
Any changes to Scouts Canada’s direction and other pertinent information will be posted on this page.
The following actions, in line with advice provided by provincial and federal government agencies, continue to be in effect until at least May 4th.
- All Scouting-related travel is cancelled.
- All Section programs across Canada have ceased, including regular meetings, outdoor adventures, tours/visits and camps.
- All Scouts Canada events and activities such as Scouter Cons, Kub Kar Rallies, training, and any/all Scouter in-person meetings are suspended.
- All Scout Properties are closed and associated events cancelled or postponed.
- All Scout Shops are closed; Scoutshop.ca remains available.
- All Scouts Canada offices are closed and employees are working remotely.
If you have questions, please address them with your direct Scouting supervisor such as a Section Contact Scouter, Group Commissioner or Relationship Manager, as appropriate.
If you have questions related to a planned event or camp, please contact the organizing team lead of that event.
Important links to keep you informed:
- Stay informed with the COVID-19 developments via the World Health Organization (WHO) website.
- Check the Canadian Government Public Health (PHAC) website for regular updates.
- Talking to Children about Coronavirus
- Keep up to date with provincial COVID-19 health announcements and resources: